The Girl With A Fake Smile Chapter 2

Another boring day. No class and just sitting at home. Going to the grocery to buy snacks and went to the DVD Store to buy a good movie. After watching 'Mean Girls", I decided to go to the park. I can't see the girl on the bench where I saw her yesterday. I saw a girl sitting at the next bench. It's the girl that I saw yesterday. We had fun talking to each other. She's totally fine, unlike yesterday that I saw her crying at the bench.

This is our conversation:

"Please tell me why are you crying yesterday."

"The people that you saw yesterday, they're not really my friends."

"Then why are you with them?"

"I mean, they're fake friends. The one who talks to you when they need something."

"Oh.... So why are you with them?"

"So I can be like them. But I won't because they're mean. When they don't need something, they ignore me."

"You don't have to be like them just to be popular or anything. Just be you. But, one more question. If you know that they're just faking you, why are you laughing with them?"

"I don't know. Maybe because they're fun to be with, even if they're fakes."

I brought her to my favorite fast food chain and we had lunch there. We talked about many things. We have similarities. "I'm always sad when I'm alone. I play sad music and stare at the ceiling." She said. "Sometimes, I'm just sad that I use to give a fake smile to people so they won't notice."

I told her that I'm doing the same things just like what she's doing. "I also play sad music when I'm alone. I'm always tired and I also have friends that are fake. But at least I have the real friends behind my back. Sometimes, I'll just talk to myself and say "You're perfect. Be you." something like that but it won't work.. I always say that I want to die and I'm useless... Sometimes you should believe that you're perfect and be happy..."

I gave her advice while we had a long day together. At least I know that I helped a stranger. I brought her back to the park where I saw her. She told me to go home early. It's so nice to have a new friend... It was a long day and I decided to go back to bed and have a movie marathon with my sister.