xi

the knot on his lungs tightened as he reads the chat his boyfriend— no, ex-boyfriend, sent. it's like shooting thousands of arrows into seungmin's heart and pierced right through it. the petals that are rising on his throat hurts and he can't do anything but to run on the bathroom and throw out again.

after emptying and feeling a brief relief, he slowly slides into the bathroom floor. almost laying down, his tears started to flow on his eyes down on his cheeks. seungmin wanted to end misery but don't know how to, so he decided to wait for the deadline of his life span the doctor had predicted.

one week.

just a week to let himself feel the pain of loving. but deep inside, seungmin wanted it to be a little bit longer so that he can spend more time with his friends and create happy memories he hadn't experienced for such a long time.

the red-haired boy just realized how his time was only focused on hyunjin that he already forgot his friends more so, his own self.

it is sad to think how he gave his time to a boy whom he thought will forever remain beside him no matter what, but then as most of the people say, nothing lasts forever. and so does hyunjin's promise to him.

"happiest birthday to you, hwang hyunjin..." he softly muttered while staring at the newly posted image on hyunjin's page.

it's a picture of him together with his new boyfriend.

a lone tear escaped making him shut his eyes, "even if it means i would suffer from this fucking disease, i will still choose you."