xiii

the day came and seungmin woke up on the right side of bed. he was feeling great as soon as he open his eyes. upon finishing his bath, he went to his closet and search for a nice outfit for today.

seungmin went for a fresh but cute style. a white and yellow stripes polo tucked underneath a loose fit jeans which he folded two-inch above his ankles. he looked for his white rubber shoes and put them alongside a white mid-rise socks.

after finishing his outfit for the day, he looked at his reflection on the full-sized mirror in his room, he let out a satisfied sigh.

grabbing his phone and wallet, he left their house and walked towards the cafe where they all agreed to meet with. it's just a ten minutes walk away from their house so instead of grabbing a cab, he chooses to enjoy a good morning walk.

he arrived at exactly eight thirty at the location. seungmin quickly notices jeongin's bright pink hair peeking so he pushes the door open making a small ting sound from the bell above.

"seungmin hyung!" jeongin beemed when he saw seungmin approaching their table.

he approached them and notices that minho and jisung were already sitting close beside with chan and woojin. jeongin on the other hand, was seated on their front. there are still three chair available beside the youngest and seungmin decided to sit with jeongin.

"am i already late?" seungmin jokingly ask when he already made himself comfortable on his seat.

chan looked at him for a couple of seconds before answering, "not really, minnie. everyone here is just overly excited."

"as if you're not, hyung!" jisung scoffed. "woojin hyung said you are here when the chickens are still crowing."

chan looked at his boyfriend with disbelief. "i can't believe you betrayed me, wooj." he said with a pout on his lips. "and mind you, they are called rooster."

"they're just the same."

minho laughed alongside the rest of them.

"no, they are not, babe."

seungmin smiled widely, he missed this and will surely miss this. they weren't really separated but after his breakup with hyunjin about months ago, he choose to cut his connections with them and stayed contact with felix and changbin only since they were originally his circle of friends.

at first, it was hard. seungmin was used to hang out with them so suddenly ignoring them when he sees them is hard at first but became bearable at the time passes by until one day that they were also trying their best to avoid seungmin on any circumstances.

he was beyond thankful to that. of course he felt the sadness but he can take it rather than seeing them pitying him just because hyunjin and him broke up. afterall, they were the one who witnessed their journey.

after a couple of minutes, felix and changbin also arrived. they catched up and tell funny stories until chan suggested that they should take up their order now. minho and jisung volunteered to go to the counter and asked if their orders are still the same, they just nodded and continued their catching up.

seungmin fell silent on the middle of it but would still engage to the conversation if his opinion were needed but would stay quite afterwards. nobody seemed to noticed it except to felix who is sitting beisde him.