JM # 11 - In His Favor

Sometimes we end up getting more than what we bargained for.

Lea stared blankly at the unfamiliar wall before her.  She has a good guess of where she is for despite being drunk, she clearly recalls who she's with last night.  She was very much awake now and was thinking through what happened. 

She remember feeling broken, lost and regretful.  She was broken, seeing Rob happily proposing to another woman.  She felt lost, knowing that it all ended for her.  Was she still hoping for him to change his heart? –definitely.  And the last she could recall was feeling very much regretful for acting immature and doing even more crazy things like kissing Aga.  And though she hated every moment of last night, she can't help but remember how good his lips felt on hers. 

Lea's trail of thoughts was interrupted when her phone vibrated.  Dawn was calling her.  She shook her head feeling disgusted by her earlier thoughts before answering the call.  Soon after, she was bombarded by Dawn's loud nagging.

"My God, Lea!! Finally sumagot ka din!  Where have you been?!  Do you even know what is happening?!"

"Wait, why?  Isa isa lang please.  What's the matter?!"

Lea felt clueless as to why Dawn sounded mad, when it should be her, because her so called friend didn't attend to her calls last night.

"Mind checking your phone?  You and that Mr. Muhlach are all over the tabloids!"

"What?!  What tabloids?!  Dawn, I'm not up for any of your jokes, okay.  It's not funny!"  Lea said trying to sound less tensed.  Though, she's started to worry by the mere mention of Aga's name.

"That isn't a joke.  Lea, I'm telling you, you better be ready to explain everything to your dad.  The columns were all pointing to the same thing –that you and Aga's relationship are on the rocks!!  Care to explain how the hell did that happened?"

"Wait, Dawn.  Can I call you later?"  Lea said and immediately ended the call.

The information is too much for her to handle.  She browsed through her social media accounts and notifications came in non-stop.  There were photo's of her and Aga together– at the restaurant, outside while she was crying as she hold onto Aga, as she was drunk and being assisted by him up to the point where he had taken her to his car.  It was no doubt that it was them in the photos.

Panic rushed through her.  So this is the reason why her parents had called her almost a hundred times individually.  All she was scared of was how to explain her disappearance last night, but it turns out she's in a more complicated situation than what she thought.

On the other room was Aga.  He was feeling disappointed that he has to wake up with a call from his father demanding for an explanation.  He had no idea how it happened but as soon as his father ended their call, he contacted John to demand for the same thing.  What the hell happened?

"Aga, I have nothing to do with this.  The moment I got the news I tried to stop it from spreading.  But it was all too late.  Seems like someone from the press happened to be there and he followed you through."

It was very frustrating for him.  Making it public was never in his plans but now that it did, he needs to think fast.

He went to the guest room to check on Lea.  He was so sure that by this time she knows already.  He didn't bother to knock on the door but just made his way inside.

He was welcomed by a glare from her.

"Based on your reaction, seems like you knew already."  He stated trying to sound unbothered.