Chapter 11: Secret Revealed

On the drive to my dads one thing continuously came into my thoughts, "Am I too late". That question can't really be answered because I honestly love Zayn but he hasn't really asked me to be with him. It's just so confusing. I got to my dads house and ran inside. My dad was in the living room with my favorite little man. "Hey Dad," he looked at me and had a huge smile on his face. "Hey princess, me and Will are just having some bonding time." Will looked so happy to be with his grandpa all I could do was smile. These two men have given me so much life and happiness all that's left is Zayn. "Dad when do you think me and Zayn will finally be together?" My dad looked like he had seen a ghost. "You guys aren't dating yet are you serious, I mean now that you guys have a kid maybe it's time for a even bigger commitment you know like marriage, " my dad has always wanted to walk his daughter down the altar but he wants me to wear my moms wedding dress and it's ugly point blank. "I don't think I'm ready for that yet but this isn't what I came here for." This was my chance it's my time to ask what this secret is. "This secret that you're keeping from me I want to know I feel like I can finally understand whatever it is." He sighed loudly and brought Will to a different room. "Okay you want to know the here it is..... Your mom was never in Africa helping with the kids, she never died from Malaria....she was murdered." OMG he just said all this time I believed my mom died from some kind of disease but no my mother was actually murdered. "What do you mean murdered dad," By that sentence I could do nothing but cry it hit me so hard to know that someone had the heart kill my mom. "It was a few days after you turned two we were both 18 living in a small apartment about 20 miles from here, everyone was asleep but she heard a noise and went to check it out thinking it was from your room, but as time progressed she didn't come back and the noises were getting louder, I went to check it myself and when I walked into the den all I saw was a man running and your mom with 3 knife wounds to the chest with one in the heart, I remember saying to myself it should have been me you know," I held up my hand to stop him. "So my mom was killed by some sicko robbing the house." He nodded with tears in his eyes. This was maybe the worst feeling I could ever have. "Princess I'm sorry for never telling you but I was just scared to see your reaction but now I just released so much stress off my chest and I just want us to get through this together." I hugged him so tight and nodded in agreement. After about another hour of us talking I decided to leave and just go to bed so I can process everything that just happened. My night is over.