Chapter 2

Brads P.O.V:)

We walked out of nandos and I opened the door for Mercy and Martha so she didn't struggle. She giggled as I held the door open. Her smile was so pretty. I couldn't stop looking at her, I pulled out my phone and text James quickly.

Hey I think I like Martha... can you ask if she wants to stay with us for a bit because I don't want to ask:/ PLEASEEEEEEEEEE:) LOVE YOU JEMZZZ;)<3

I saw James smile as he read the text. He replied with:

Awwwww:') Young Love:') I'll ask:) Connor and Mercy seem to be getting on well;) He likes her... you can just tell;) LOVEYOUTOO BRADLEY BEAR   ;)<3

I laughed and looked over at Connor and Mercy. They were laughing and smiling it was so cute!

"Hey Martha... I think Con likes mercy... What do you think?" I whispered to Martha.

"She likes him. A lot. I think it's cute" She replied

"So cute" I laughed.

"Do you guys wanna chill with us for 20 minutes to pass the time?" James said. I winked at him and he smiled back which caused me to laugh a bit. Without a second between what James had said Mercy had already agreed.

"Guess that's a yes then" Martha said and smiled at me. She laughed a bit and we went and sat on a bench outside nandos. Me and Martha started walking but no one followed I saw James looking at us and gave me the 'make a move look' as we called it. When we sat down I couldn't help but notice that Martha was constantly checking her phone, she looked really upset.

"Are you ok?" I asked concerned

"Yeah I'm fine, so..." She said trying to change the subject, I understood she might not want to tell a guy she had just met why she looked upset.

"Favourite song?" I asked.

" Ummmm that's a hard one" She giggled and pulled out her phone and started scrolling through her songs. "Probably Mr Brightside by the killers." She continued. She pulled out her head phones and gave me one. This was amazing! I had found a beautiful girl who's favourite song was the killers! What's not to love!

"Why that song" I asked unaware what the answer would be.

"It was one of my dads favourites" She paused and looked down at her feet. " We would dance around to it when I was younger in our old garden" She smiled but her eyes were filled with tears. A tear fell down her face and she stood up and said "I'm sorry" And ran around the corner.

James looked at me with a confused face and so did Tris. I slowly walked over to them and decided to tell Mercy what had happened. I walked up to her and Connor and asked if I could speak to her alone. She agreed and we walked away from the boys slightly.