Chapter 1

Martha's P.O.V:)

Mercy had always been there for me, and I knew she always would be. She stuck by me through everything and never let me down. I knew I could trust her with anything and I know she could trust me too. We had grown up together and we just got closer and closer which I loved. She was the only person who could make me feel better when things got tough and she helped me through so much. I knew everything about her and she knew everything about me.

I wasn't surprised when I was stood outside nandos waiting for her as she was ALWAYS late but I always forgave her. We were meant to be meeting at 12:30 for some lunch but it was already 12:39. I text her to see if she had even left yet and just as I pressed 'Send' she rushed around the corner while trying to put her keys in her bag and run at the same time.

"ONLY 10 MINUTES LATE! WOOO!" She shouted proudly.

"yeah only 10 minutes" I laughed even though it was pretty good for Mercy.

"Hush, Better late than never" She laughed.

We both sighed and looked at each other.

"I've missed you, I really have" I said holding back my tears.

"It's only been two weeks" She replied " THE WORST TWO WEEKS OF MY LIFE! I MISSED YOU SO MUCH TOO!" She continued.

She held her arms out for me to hug and I ran into them. This time I was crying. I couldn't cope without her. Our hug was interrupted by her phone going off. It was the ringtone she had just for me, It was a song that i had sang to her when we were about 12 it was just the word sassy repeated in a tune. We both laughed a lot at the ring tone and then she looked at the text.

" Have you left yet? Love you smelly Xx" She read out in her pretend offended voice. Oh how she made me laugh.

" No I'm at home having dinner" She said sarcastically. We both laughed quite a bit but whenever we tried to calm down floods of laughter came back.

"Speaking of dinner" I said gesturing towards nandos.

" NANDOSSSS!" We both shouted in unison.

"Hahaha, Lets go" I said as we started to walk.

We walked towards the door and once again I was pushing and pushing this big wooden door. Mercy was trying not to laugh as I struggled. I turned to look at her and laugh at my stupidity when I heard a boy with a sweet northern accent say "I think it's a pull door" he laughed. I looked down in embarrassment and went to open the door, pulling it this time. Still looking down my hand touched his. The boy had also tried to open the door which caused us to kind of awkwardly nearly hold hands he had a big silver ring on and a rolled up denim jacket. We quickly moved away and I opened the door.

It wasn't until we were waiting for the waiter to come and find us a table that I turned around to see who I had just completely messed up in front of. There were four boys, One of the boys were really tall and had blonde hair that was all pushed back into a quiff. He was wearing light blue skinny jeans with an animal print t-shirt and a black leather jacket, Next to him was a slightly smaller but still quite tall boy. He had mousy brown hair that was kinda messy but neat at the same time. He was wearing a white vest and black skinny jeans with holes in the knees. His arms were HUGE! He must go to the gym every day i thought to myself. In front of them were two other boys. The boy who opened the door for me was the shortest out of all of them and was wearing a grey 'Arctic monkeys' top with a denim jacket and black skinny jeans. His hair was brown and really curly. He was hot. Really hot. I noticed that Mercy couldn't take her eyes off the other boy. I knew she liked him, I could tell, you could tell by the way she looked at him. He was wearing blue skinny jeans and a hogwarts t-shirt his hair was blonde at the front but darker a the back.

I turned to face the boys, I took a deep breath and said "Sorry about that." I could feel my cheeks going red.

"It's ok James does it all the time" the tall blonde one said and looked at the boy with mousy brown hair, and he laughed in embarrassment.

"Shut up Tris" James joked.

Mercy was still looking at the boy in the Harry Potter top. He was now looking at her, he went kind of red and tried to change the subject.

"Hey I'm Connor" He said to us.

"Hi I'm Mercy and that little douche there is Martha" She laughed.

"Thanks Mercy" I laughed back.

"Well I'm Brad and that's James and Tristan" The boy who opened the door.

"Hey, I'm so sorry about the whole door incident" I apologized again.

"It's ok Martha! Stop apologizing!" Brad laughed.

We were interrupted by the waiter. " I'm very sorry buy we are very busy today, do you mind waiting 20 minutes for a table? You can stay here or come back a bit later. Can I have your names please?"

"That's fine" I replied. " Um I'm Martha thanks" I said. I looked at Brad who was smiling at me so I smiled back.

"We'll go and sit down outside somewhere can you book the table for James McVey please?" James said.

"Sure, And Martha what's you last name?" The waiter asked.

"Court" I smiled as we left.