Chapter 1: First Phase

THE WIND BLEW against her fair porcelain skin as she closed her eyes and tried to dissect what trouble she bashed into.

From a second, she jump off a bridge in attempt to suicide, now, she is stuck inside a bizarre dream. She heave a sigh, everything hints genuine.

             'Maybe I'm dead'

The thought crept a bitter sweet smile. At this point, the least no one's missing her.

She opened her eyes, before her, is the landscape of a tropical hour where the sun is kissing the green fields stretched far and wide. Oh how the view calm her agonizing pain, this memory of a moment has to be captured by craft and so, she continued stroking pigments unto the white sheet. Detail by detail filling the blank spaces with mottled colors thought frivolous at first, only to evolve a masterpiece in the end. Yes, painting, is her escape from the chasing calvary of her story.

"Llorina" the voice woke her from the haze. It was Linda, the lady who found her near the riverbanks. A very warm and nice woman who ought to foster her until she harkens her identity, well that is what she thought. Llorina clearly remembers herself, but this weird world she came into urge her instincts to keep it a secret.

"Food is ready, dear" Linda chirped as she came dashing in to the veranda where Llorina is in. "Oh, what a beautiful thing? you have there" Linda exclaimed, however, confused but, still, bliss weighs of what's before her. The canvas shouts vivid landscape of what's infront. It is warm and nice.

"It gives me peace, for some reason Linda" she smiled a bit then continued stroking arrays pigments.

"When you're done, come down. I prepared food. We don't want our stomachs to be deprived right?" Linda winked as she exited.

After sometime, she finally decided to go down for lunch. Upon entering, the fresh gratifying aroma welcomed her barge. She sat beside Linda.

"I thought it would keep you forever" Linda jokingly stated

"I'm sorry I got carried away" eyes down, she felt somehow sorry to keep the lady waiting.

"Oh no dear, i clearly understand. You know, if you find peace on something, you'll always want to keep that feeling. For somehow, it keeps you away from sorrow" she nodded at Linda's statement. It's true though.

They started to eat, silently. Llorina in the other hand, didn't ask futher information about the food since it's unheard of in the land where she came from.  Only the tingling of the dinnerwares was heard thourghout the walls, it was defeaning as it felt awkward for the two. Linda fakingly cough of unease and decided to vanish the stiff silence by starting a conversation.

"So Llorina, how did you end up in the riverbanks of Wist River?" Linda asked out of curiosity, she was at first troubled by the fact, and until now it didn't leave her mind.

"You see the Wist River is not just any river. it's a border between two worlds and it is guarded by an ancient serpent." Llorina disperse her first question beacuse of what caught her attention was the word :

                       'two worlds.'

"Two worlds?" She asked surely to confirm if she heard her right.

"Yes, two worlds. Our world and the otherworld whose people are deviants as their works" Linda despised the fact of talking about the otherside of the river. Just the mere mention, made her disgusted. It is gruesome and immoral.

Llorina nodded trying not to be more curious. "Is there another world too? Like the humans?" Llorina betted her lifeline as she was however curious if this people here have any clue of the world she's from in.