After Summer 2

"Please park near that building."  I said to the cab driver as we drive the afternoon in the city. 

He parked at the side of the road and exited the cab. I grabbed my luggage and thanked the cab driver as I gave him the pay. 

At last! I am back in my apartment! 

I am still holding onto that charm that that old lady gave to me earlier. I still can't forget what just happened to her back at the last station. I put the charm inside the pocket. I entered the building and lifted my bags to the 3rd floor of the building and searched for my room number as I walked down the hallway. 

I found my room number and entered through the door. The door squeaked as I flung it open. 

"Oh! You're back!" Someone said to me as I walked down the doorway. 

"Oh hey Mayumi! You're here!"  I greeted her. 

"Yeah, there was a storm upcoming back at my town so I had to leave early or else the departures will be cancelled." She explained. 

"Sooo... How was summer back at your place?" She circled around me like she want to know everything that has happened with me. 

"Not much, I just helped around with my grandpa and just slept a lot." 

"Eh??? Are you lying to me?"

"Hahahahaha! H-How can I possibly?" 

She just shrugged off after that and I gave off a sigh. I can't possibly tell her what happened to Gin after I left. She doesn't know who Gin is. 

I went inside my room and put out all of my things from the suitcase.  I organized my clothes back to the wardrobes and drawers and put my accessories back to where they belong. 

I opened my bag to get the other clothes and I stumbled upon a certain item. I put it out and everything just like stopped. 

I was siting on the floor as I touched along its white, plastic mold, I traced along its colors and details, and even the garter that held in touch with his face. It was Gin's mask. 

His face began to flash through my mind. His voice echoed through my two ears. His words that I'll never forget. I remember the time we used to have back at the mountain. How I would chase him and we played all day together. How we hanged out and spent the time till I came back. 

I hugged his mask very tight, wishing that it was him that this mask I was holding onto. Not just his persona but rather the real person. 

*knock*knock*knock*

I was immediately sent back into reality. I was back in my room. That's it. That's the reality. Summer's over.

*knock*knock*knock* "Hotaru?" 

"Y-Yes?" I asked. "What is it, Mayumi?" 

"I'm going to get dinner soon, do you want something from the store?" 

"Anything's fine! Thank you!"

I can hear the thumps of Mayumi's footsteps and the creak of the door as she left our room. It's just me alone in here now. 

I placed Gin's mask on one of the shelves and looked from afar to what it looked like. I put my hands inside my pockets and I was surprised that there was something inside my pocket. 

It's the charm that the old lady gave to me earlier! I looked at it and it feels like I am being showered with hope and happiness just by holding onto it. I giggled a little. I decided to hang it onto the zip of my bag together with the rest of the charms so that whenever I go, I am always holding onto it. 

A few moments later, Mayumi is back with some foods back at the convenience store. I can hear the bags rummaging as she walked down to the kitchen near my room. I walked out of my room and I can see her taking out the foods.

"Hey Hotaru! I got some spicy noodles back at the store, want some?" Mayumi invited me and I nodded back at her. 

"Sure!" 

I was just done unpacking when Mayumi got back. I joined her as we ate dinner happily together.