C H A P T E R # 0 4

Third Person's P

Third Person's P. O. V

The sadness flowed through her veins and deadened her mind. It was a poison to her spirit, dulling her killing her off her other emotions until it was the only one that remained.

It was as if a black mist had settled upon her and refused to shift, and no matter how bright the day was she would feel no sun and hear no bird song. For the world was lost to her and she knew of nothing that would bring it back into focus.

This sadness seemed to have attached itself to her, no matter how bad she wanted, she couldn't get rid of it. And on the other hand, his rude and strange behavior wasn't helping either.

Over-thinking. Over-thinking. Over-thinking. It's the only thing she's expert at. Playing with her food, during lunch she was thinking about what if she had never been born? Strange right? To think something like that on lunch, like eat your damn food girl!

"Shraddha?" her dad called out breaking her out of her deep over-thinking.

She hummed in response.

"Why aren't you eating?" he asked.

"I am!" She replied in a low voice.

Her dad inhaled a deep breath. She had been acting like this a lot lately. She wouldn't give you a straight answer. She would just nod or hum in response to every question.

"Anyways, Kriti is coming today!" her dad told and the fork in her hand immediately dropped into the plate making a clinking sound.

She threw her head back in frustration before pushing the plate far from her lightly, as she stood from her position.

"Where are you going? You still haven't eaten yet!" her mother asked as she was about to climb up the stairs.

"I lost my appetite!" she replied before she made her way up to her bedroom.

No. It was not always varun, sidharth and Shraddha in every story and picture, there was someone else too. Kriti Sanon.

Shraddha's another friend. Funny, how you have so many friends but still you have none. Reality is often what you don't want it to be.

She still remember, her first fight with varun happened due to Kriti. She started hanging out with varun, making shraddha a third wheeler. A girl who always wanted to be someone's first priority, how can she be a third wheeler to her best friend and her so-called friend.

Sometime after college ended, her friendship with Kriti died and Kriti never met her, sidharth or varun after that. Though, they had a little hi-hello going on messages but no long hours calls, like people do and then post the screen-shot of their time duration on social media.

Shraddha never liked these things, she found them cringe-worthy. Her friendship with sidharth was one in a million, they got many memorable photos with each other but she had never posted them. She found them too precious to be shared with the world.

And now, her marriage is going to be even more dramatic because of Kriti. It's not like she hates her, she just can't stand seeing varun with anyone. She just can't share him with anyone and in the past, Kriti had a little friendship of varun, and it was something that was enough for shraddha to hate her.

Her not so peaceful evening nap was broken by a bone-crush hug. She fluttered her eyes open and found her face covered in light brown hairs.

"Wake up idiot!" the girl almost screamed.

"Ugh!" she sighed in annoyance as she immediately recognized the voice.

"Get off me, Kriti!" she pushed her back slightly.

"Still the grumpy old shraddha." Kriti pouted, sitting on the bed beside her.

"What they say, good people never change." shraddha quoted.

"Yeah-Yeah!" she rolled her eyes.

"Anyways, you're getting married!" she exclaimed excitedly.

"Oh-yeah, I keep forgetting that!" shraddha taunted.

"And why didn't you tell me? If it was not for aunty, I'm sure you wouldn't have invited me at your wedding." Kriti complained.

"You're right!" Shraddha replied with a smirk.

"Bitch!" Kriti said and she let out a little laugh.

"Now that I'm here, we're gonna have tons of fun." Kriti did a little clap.

"And by fun you mean, going out for parties, getting drunk and then finding yourself in the bed of a stranger in the morning." Shraddha stated.

"Oh God! How low you think of me?" she fake cried.

"Drama!" shraddha playfully slapped her arm.

"By the way, who's your groom? Sidharth or Varun?" she teased. But for shraddha it was a reality checker. She wanted to marry varun but was going to marry Sidharth.

Sometimes, she consoles her heart by thinking that maybe in the parallel universe, varun is the one she's gonna marry and that one day she will for sure find the gate to that parallel world.

"Just kidding! I know you're marrying Sidharth! After all, you guys loved each other since childhood." Kriti said as she side hugged her and Shraddha plastered a fake smile.

° ° °