C H A P T E R # 0 6

Third Person's P

Third Person's P. O. V

Remorseful. Guilty.

That's how he felt last night after kissing her. He wished for a time turner so he could go back, rectify the mistake- the worst of all he had done.

However, he could not. Impossible. He had to live with it. Remorse etched at his heart. Guilt gnawed like a worm at the core of an apple. A tear trickled down his cheek, as memories from last night flooded his mind.

On the other hand, shraddha wasn't feeling any different. If he did a mistake by kissing her, she did another by kissing him back and it's been now twenty-four hours and she still can't seem to get out of the regret-phase.

The regret came to her in quite moments like when she went to sleep or during lunch. It would seep to the foreground of her mind and demand to be reexamined again.

But she was tired of thinking about it, no amount of analysis was going to turn back the clock. She had to get on with the here and now, make better choices next time around.

Varun was still unsure if he was regretting the kiss or his decision to let her go. The feelings which were buried down in his heart, again came to life after last night's kiss.

Shraddha decided to avoid him as long as she could until Sidharth's plan of a short road trip came up. He planned it only for the four friends because the marriage was just around the corner and he felt like they needed to have fun until they'll all be busy in the marriage preparations.

"I'll sit in the front!" Kriti squealed as she ran towards the car excitedly, which sidharth had booked specially for their short trip.

Shraddha made her way to the car and was about to sit at the back seat when she saw sidharth opening the gate of the driving seat.

"You're gonna drive?" Shraddha asked.

"Yeah, last time varun drove the car we almost crashed into a tree." Sidharth chuckled as he sat on the driving seat with Kriti on the front seat.

Liar. Shraddha thought as memories of the night they kissed came to her mind. For her, he wasn't a bad driver at all. Maybe a little rash but still.

Placing all the thoughts in the back of her mind she sat at the back seat, waiting for varun to come. He arrived after five minutes and quickly sat at the back seat.

"Ready to go?" Sidharth asked with a smile and Kriti shouted a loud Yes.

Half an hour into the drive and they were far from the city. Varun and Shraddha occasionally sneaked glances at each other while Kriti and sidharth were reminiscing their old days.

"Oh God Sidharth, you were such a hottie those days!" Kriti laughed and a  crease appeared on shraddha's forehead at the site of them flirting with each other.

"What do you mean, was? I still am!" Sidharth pouted.

"You sure are!" Kriti pinched his cheek.

"Let's take a break guys!" Sidharth said parking the car at the gas station as all four off them get off.

"I'll buy some water bottles and other things from the shop. You wanna come shraddz." Sidharth asked.

"I'll come with you!" Before shraddha could reply Kriti did and grabbed sidharth by his arm as varun silently observed the whole situation.

"Yeah you guys go!" shraddha said not wanting to see more of their cringe-behavior.

Silence filled the air as Kriti and sidharth made their way into the shop leaving varun and Shraddha behind. The place was almost empty making the situation more awkward.

She started walking and stood in a corner a little away from the station. All of a sudden she felt a wave of cold air hit her neck as her hair was brushed back, feeling goosebumps rise on her skin.

She turned her head slightly, flinching a little when Varun's arm sneaked around her waist as he started planting kisses on her neck, catching her by surprise. He grabbed her arm and pulled her into a nearby public bathroom, and she innocently followed.

He closed the door and pushed her back against it before leaning forward and closing the distance between them. As she realized what was going on, she put her hand on his chest to push him away, but stopped as she felt his heart beating as fast as hers.

His tongue wet her bottom lips as he deepened the kiss. She felt a feeling of warm grew in her as his fingers tangled in her hair. She placed her other hand on the back of his neck, standing on her tiptoes as she pressed her body against his.

His hand trialed down her back to her leg, lifting her up causing her to wrapp her legs around his waist. He turned around causing shraddha to place her hand on the door behind him.

Warmth rushed to their cheeks as they slowed down and broke the kiss. Becoming aware of how close they were she pulled her head back more and unwrapped her legs from his waist and her hands from his neck.

She wanted to walk out of the bathroom but he was standing in front of the door. She turned around to face the mirror and saw his reflection staring back at her. She backed up a little and ran into his chest. She turned around to face him.

"We should go! They'll waiting for us." she bit her lower lip.

His fingers brushed against her neck as he bent down.

"Yeah, we probably should!" Varun whispered in her ear.

Her breathing increased as he continued to lean in but she brushed past him and walked out before rushing towards the car where she saw sidharth and Kriti engaged in an intense conversation.

"Hey, where were you? And where's varun?" Sidharth asked making her heart sank. She felt guilty, it was like she was cheating on him.

"Guys, good to go?" varun said coming from behind.

"Was just waiting for you!" Sidharth smiled before they all got into the car and drove off.

° ° °