C H A P T E R # 0 7

Third Person's P

Third Person's P. O. V

Dear Childhood Crush,

The very first time I saw you, God.... Weren't you just my prince charming! I still have faded memories of those days and they always make me wanna dream. Such a naive girl I am, repeating your words, your eyes. Searching for anything that could've hinted me of more than a friendship.

But you, you were different. You never valued me. You never led me on, you caused my heartbreak with high amount of damage done. I did hate you than but I will forever respect you for the kind person you were.

Dear Childhood Crush,

You're a good guy, you really are. You've hurt me, you've broken my heart but you are genuinely a good guy. There were so many times when I would be upset or crying and I knew I was able to go to you because you knew exactly what to say. You always knew how to make me feel better. I've never met someone who can say one word and make everyone in the room smile. I'm pretty sure after all the hurt you've put me through I should hate you. Weirdly enough, I couldn't hate you even if I tried.

Dear Lover,

Yeah, you noticed that? I changed your name from "childhood crush" to "lover". Because now I've come to the conclusion that you're not just any random crush nor you're my infatuation. You're my LOVER!

Dear Stranger,

Sorry, I had to change your name again. It's frustrating!!! You keep changing your personalities. Today, I saw you for the first time in six years and for the first time in twenty years, I couldn't recognize you. There was some strangeness in your eyes. There was a wall, a wall that wouldn't let me see through.

Dear Lover,

Ahhh...... These feelings and your attitude made me change your name again. For the first time ever you kissed me a few nights ago and for many reasons I couldn't help but melt into it, just like yesterday at the gas station. But funny thing right, I'm getting married and you don't even care. And I promise this is the last time I'm changing your name because I don't think  I will be able to love another person anymore.

He refused to look away from the letters that were in his hands, even as his lips trembled and his shoulders heaved with emotion, unwilling to back down.

His dark lashes brimmed heavy with tears; his hands clenched into shaking fists, in a desperate battle against the grief.

A lone tear traced down his cheek, and just like that the flood gates opened. He wept, tears streaming from his deep brown eyes, loud, heaving sobs tearing from his throat, and still he didn't look away from those letters.