The Phone Call

I wake up to the bright autumn sun shinning through my open window and a fresh, morning breeze on my skin. I open my eyes and roll on my back, thinking how the day shall go.

I arise from the bed and stroll into the bathroom in my funky cute pjamas, looking at myself in the mirror. I wash up my face and brush my teeth, afterwards I wipe my face on the dry towel.

My little sister must be awake, I can hear her favourite movie downstairs. Once I'm dressed I make my way downstairs and look at the dinning table with both hands in my pockets. Mum had made breakfast and a cup of coffee before i even knew it...

I take a seat and sip on the coffee, taking a bite on the food also.

I realize mum is not home so i ask my lil' sister "Hey, Lily, wheres mum..?"

She looks into the screen, watching frozen... Hmm it must be too loud, I think. I take the romote and turn the volume down, Lily turns around and hisses "(Y/N), why?!"

"Are you deaf, Lily?" i ask her. She huffs as a reply and crosses her arms.

"Where is mum?" i finally break the silence.

"Oh, she went somewhere 'important' she said" Lily replies in a stubbornly unhappy tone of voice. I wonder where she really went, i think to myself.

Suddenly the home phone rings and I rush to pick it up, but Lily makes it before me.

"Hello?" Says Lily into the phone. Seconds after, her eyes widen and she hands the phone to me and lips "This is for you" ... I take the phone and hear a voice speaking at me.

"Hello Miss (Y/N) (L/N)" I take a pause and try to figure out how that person knows my name...

"Yes, who is this?" I ask, not knowing what to actually say.

"This is the FBI..." Before the person carried on talking I gasp and think of WHY is the FBI contacting ME. "We, the FBI are contacting you because right now your mum is with us. Your mum told us that you are a very clever girl. And well, we talked to your mum and discussed a meeting with you..." what? Who is this, I don't understand... "And we would like to meet you tommorow 1pm. Your mum will take you here. Be prepared." The person drops the call and I have absolutely no idea if that was a prank... or if it was real...

2 hours later.

Mum is home now. I question her about everything but all she says is "you will find out tommorow" with a little smile. I am excited but I am not sure what to expect yet. Could it be..?