Chapter 11: The Deals: Slytherin

The days following Halloween's scare were peaceful, and Harry also knew that it was going to be a miracle to keep from hexing Ronald. He did inform Draco of what happened, and that led to disgust on his part.

The very next day, Harry cornered and informed the Weasley Twins of the deceit. Their shocked expressions bolstered his confidence and they decided to prank Ron brutally.

Two days after Halloween, Harry decided to keep Hermione's promise for her, and so got a list of the students who she had befriended and promised the introduction from her. Checking the list, he also asked her to point him to the people who gave her the idea in the first place, citing the need to thank them for being there when he wasn't- potion or no potion, he still couldn't forgive himself for his actions towards Hermione. 

POV CHANGE

Daphne Greengrass, Blaise Zabini and Tracey Davis were three of the best students in the Slytherin first-years. They were also the only three to even actually fit the criteria to join Slytherin. 

Blaise was as ambitious as his mother, who was infamous for his mother's multiple husbands' mysterious deaths, which left the Zabini family very rich. Learning cunning at his mother's lap, he could give Harry a run for his money. He wanted to give the Malfoy family a run for their money, but then Draco joined Gryffindor, effectively changing the Malfoy heir's reputation, even if his association with Harry Potter was suspicious. He needed to warn Potter of the Malfoys' reputation as soon as possible. 

Daphne Greengrass is an enigma among Slytherins- she is known as the Ice Queen of Slytherin, where most females, like Millicent Bulstrode, are expected to be subservient. He best friend since childhood, Tracey Davis, is the same, and those two together, would be considered the best catch for any pureblood wizard, if only they weren't untouchable. However, the two of them hated their housemates, except for Blaise, for their utter inability to be discreet. The three together were wishing to be in the same house as Potter, but were foiled by the Sorting Hat (unaware that Harry and Manny were categorically negative to the idea of Slytherin, for different reasons). His company choices were shocking to them, as they wished to make him associated with purebloods for his own protection.

Until he challenged their Head of House, that is. They weren't sure if he was that foolhardy, but he couldn'tve known of Snape being accused of being a Death Eater. Then it comes out that he actually drew  with him. That shocked them. they needed to associate with him, but couldn't be seen with Ms. Granger, as smart as she was. That wouldn't be smart at this time. so they devised a plan, where they sneak into her head the idea of using Potter's name to get some friends. Then they tell Potter himself that she got it in her head that she should use his fame, thus inducing a betrayal. Later, after he was close to them, they tell him to forgive her and let her back into his circle of friends. Perfect, until Halloween struck.

Currently, the three of them were sitting in an abandoned classroom, discussing their plan's progress.

"Okay, so Tracey here has some news for us. Go on." said Daphne.

"We might be risking too much with the plan, Daph. Apparently Potter saved Granger from the troll alone. By killing it." added Tracey on seeing the skepticism in the other two pairs of eyes.

"That's a joke and you know it, Davis. There's no way a first year can meet a troll and live to tell the tale!" exclaimed an astounded Blaise.

"You might want to explain the troll harvesters in the girls' toilet on the second floor yesterday, then. I know that Daphne saw them as well. The grapevine says that Potter missed the rest of the day after he heard Weasley insult Granger- for the last time anyway. Potter was pissed enough to threaten him after that. He then intimidated Patil and Brown for her location for her location." Tracey exploded.

"They did seem scared that evening, and that was before the troll was announced." reasoned Daphne. "Anyway, that would seem plausible as an explanation, but still doesn't explain why it would derail our plan."

"This was from McGonagall, something I overheard- Apparently, she was incensed at the youngest Weasley for his audacity at something. What it is, I'll never know, but it definitely seems fishy, as she mentioned her indignation at Madam Bones being forced to hid some evidence, so I'm not entirely sure." burst Blaise.

"You know, you could ask me what the problem is, though I wouldn't tell you that easily." muttered an unknown voice.

The three stiffened, never having heard that voice before. In addition, they hoped the plan was safe. They raised their heads to start looking around.

Shockingly, in front of them, stood one Harry Potter. He was smirking, mirth dancing in his eyes. Now they paled, really hoping they weren't risking any plan. This wasn't a good situation.

"Don't worry, none of you are going to die" Harry teased. He was thoroughly enjoying this, knowing that they were trying to be subtle in their plans. "Though I must admit it was an interesting plan, it was doomed from the start. Not because I didn't like the idea of my fame used by others, but because I was willing to let Hermione use my fame for herself. I just want to know if you had any malicious intentions towards her."

Trembling, they answered as one, "No Sir, we wouldn't want to harm her at all. We just wanted to offer both of you protection, with you being the priority." Funny how some things would work to their advantage and disadvantage at the same time.

Harry smiled, then he said "Good, but keeping her out of my circle isn't happening. In a sense, that is the worst possible scenario for my sanity. No one wants me insane, it would destroy the world" in a chilling tone. "Seeing as you had good intentions, let's start over. Hi, I'm Harry Potter" the smile changed to something warm.

"I'm Daphne Greengrass. These are my best friend Tracey Davis, and our mutual friend Blaise Zabini. I think we owe you an apology, Potter, but we must ask about Malfoy being your friend. His family doesn't exactly keep good company." replied Daphne, looking relieved and recovering quickly from the faint bloodlust she felt.

"Draco isn't like his father, he just pretends to be. However, your guess is as good as mine when it comes to his mother. Besides, blood doesn't decide you magical prowess, although a good bloodline does count. Your soul decides that" retorted Harry. " That's why I'm considering friendship with you three. You up for a challenge?"

The three looked at each other, smiled in understanding and replied as one. "YES!"