013

Later that day, after multiple quizzes and info dumps, the ducks all walked into Eden High's rink. A series of gasps rang out as they admired the scenery and size of the rink. They were all in their gear, dressed in their own different jersey. Julie and Connie were wearing their old team's jersey, while Mia and Eliza wore their jersey from Canada.

"This place is ginormous!" Eliza gasped.

"You know, I bet they even have a snack bar here." Goldberg bet.

"Big deal." Guy scoffed.

"They look pretty good." Mia said nervously.

"Sure won a lot of championships," Connie said, nudging Julie and pointing to the ceiling. "They're like eighty." She gasped, referring to the championship flags.

Charlie scoffed. "They're not so hot."

"Come on guys, we can skate out there." Julie said, starting to walk to the door.

As they walked, they all chatted about different things. Mia, Julie, Connie, and Eliza were all talking about the school's environment, meanwhile the boys were still admiring the rink.

"I don't know how I feel about the people here." Eliza said.

"Me neither," Connie added.

"We just have to stay strong. As long as we're together we'll be fine," Mia consoled, starting to walk on the ice. "Besides, it's high school. What could possibly go wro-"

"Well if it isn't captain ducky!" The same student from earlier, which Julie found out was named Rick, putting a hand on Charlie's shoulder.

"Get your hands off him." Fulton scolded, pushing the kid's hand off.

"Ooh, look! A bash brother." The redhead, Cole, teased, "I'm so scared."

"Hey, leave him alone." Mia scoffed, skating next to Charlie.

"Well if it isn't little miss attitude!" Rick laughed, getting really close to her face and looking her up and down. "I like your laces." He smirked, standing back up.

Mia lunged at him before the varsity coach skated up and broke the two teams up. While they were skating away, Charlie suggested roundup. After getting scolded by Connie, they all agreed and the roundup started. They played for a solid fifteen minutes before Charlie fell and slid right in front of a man. They all paused and looked at the mystery man.

"My name is Coach Orion. You can call me coach. Or Coach Orion." The man said.

Charlie stuck his hand out and smiled, "You can call me Charlie." He said, causing the group to chuckle.

"Must be what that C on your jersey stands for. Sure doesn't stand for Captain."

Everyone went silent.

"Sorry, Coach. We were just messing with you, you know..." Russ apologized, trying to save the mood.

"Hey, Bombay gave him that C." Goldberg butt in, ruining it all over again.

"And I respect that. But that's the past." He said, eyeing everyone. "This is my team now and I'll be selecting the captain."

"You gotta be kidding me, right? I mean, you're the rookie here, we've all been together for four years."
Charlie scoffed.

Coach did not look pleased. "Okay, Charlie. Laps. Right now."

"How many? Coach Orion."

"I don't recall saying."

Charlie sighed and started his laps.

Coach moved into to the rest of them. "You listen up, and you listen up good. We're here for one reason, and one reason only. Know what that is? Starts with a W." He said, looking at Averman.