Prologue

Credit for the artwork goes to Sh0ckwaveprime

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Running and hiding. My life in a nutshell. The majority of it was hiding. Hiding from attention, hiding from enemies, etcetera. Right now...it's a whole lot of running. The day I could only dream of had come and gone; the four million year war was over, and the Autobots had won, according to popular reports. Only some people didn't get the memo. Or they did and refused to believe it. Whatever the reason, they were after me for the part I had played in it. They wanted someone to blame for their loss; any Autobot foolish enough to glance their way was fair game to them. I had the misfortune of having a Decepticon-looking paint job - coupled with the red badge on my chassis and the fact they'd been drinking, it's little wonder they singled me out. If I ever had doubts about starting a new life after the war, they were erased by the sight of five furious Decepticons on my tail. Thus, the running. And since I can't run forever, hiding comes next.

My salvation comes in the form of an enormous old ship with curious-looking spikes jutting out of the top. I quickly crawl into one of the rear thrusters, hoping my black-and-purple paint job will blend in with the shadows and scorch marks. Thankfully whoever owns this ship isn't around right now. They might throw me to the 'Cons before I can explain. After a few moments, I can hear the Decepticons' pounding pedesteps come to a halt in front of the ship. They begin to argue, no doubt trying to decide what to do. I can only hear snatches of the conversation. Finally, one Decepticon laughs and shouts, "Leave the little scraplet. If the owners don't get her, we will."

The voices and pedesteps gradually fade away, leaving me covered in soot and trembling. I listen to the distant sound of life for several minutes before I finally climb down, grimacing at the stains on my servos and paint. Not very encouraging parting words from the 'Cons. Tensions are high these days; we're only a skirmish away from erupting into another war. A war I'm not sure I want to be a part of.

If it boils down to dodging bitter Cybertronians, being a tool in another conflict or leaving this rusty old planet and all it's troubles behind...

Operation: Leave Cybertron begins posthaste.