Chapter 1

"You don't make any sense, Lin! Your concept of explanation is utter nonsense and my question was simple, how are bacterial infection spread?" Jenny asks while blowing out hot air from her mouth in irritation

I roll my eyes and look at her with a irritated expression.

"Jenny, if it's so easy to answer why are you questioning me about it? And to answer your question in simple words bacterial infection can spread from any physical contact or by sneezing or by coughing and stuff like that"

She widened her eyes in understanding and quickly jotted down some points in her notebook.

Jenny is my best friend. We've known each other for like, as long as I can remember. She always prefered calling me 'Lin' instead of 'Aveline'. She has a very friendly and comfortable aura around her. She is truly a very pretty girl as her gray eyes make it impossible for people to not to notice it. Well, currently both of us are very sleepy because it's already 12'O clock and we're still awake as you can see, I'm helping her complete her project which has to submitted tomorrow. Oh! Did I mention that she has a certain talent of forgetting important things at important times and mind you, I could give a person million dollars if they would introduce me to someone who could beat her in forgetting things.

I sighed as I look up at her with my drowsy eyes, "Seriously, Jen. Are we done yet?"  I yawn  "because"  I yawn again  "I'm very.. very sleepy".

She chuckles "Yeah yeah babygirl, I'm done" as she finishes up by drawing an ending line on the paper. I get up lazily walking towards my bed and plopping myself down not bothering to switch off the lights as I could feel myself slowly drifting off to sleep.

I jerked out of my bed when the alarm went off. I was seriously in need of a new alarm clock that atleast does not give me a mini heart attack early in the morning. I rubbed my hands on my face as I sat down on my bed and looked outside the window. It was foggy and cold, I loved it!

A few minutes passed by when I saw Jenny turning around in her bed and saw that she was waking up.
"It's so early. Are you planning on meeting Luke?" She asked with a hoarse voice as she slowly sat up straight. I frowned at the mention of Luke. "No. Why will I meet Luke for?"

"Oh because he was annoying you around for an early morning date that's why" she said with a smirk. God! She's demented! Totally demented! Why was she playing a match maker here.

I gave her a bored look "I rejected him and his offer. I ain't interested...for now" yes, for now. Luke was a good guy, popular too but it didn't matter to me because popularity is not something you need to be in somebody's good books. Although, he was a pretty sensible guy and not the ones going on a world tour from girl to girl if you know what I mean.
I was always really focused with my studies so these things didn't matter to me. And morever, he was just a friend to me and nothing more than that. Just. A. Friend! Why was this so hard to understand?