Chapter 3

"Excuse me?!?" I shouted as Amaro paced around frustrated with Micah

"You need to calm down, Aveline" Micah said which hit my nerve let me tell you.

I laughed without any trace of humour and looked at Micah "First, I don't know y'all. Second, all I came here was to check out the new shop but guess what, it turned out to be that the owners of this place were planning to poison someone by letting someone eat that apple" I inched closer to Micah's face and continued "Third, y'all are talking about me being devil's assassin which I swear sounds like y'all have run off from an mental asylum."

Micah sighed and looked at Amaro who looked very annoyed.
"You weren't literally supposed to be so direct and bold about it, you goof", Amaro hissed at Micah as the latter sat down there with a blank expression. For once, I forgot Rennie was there with us in the room who seemed oddly quiet.

Rennie finally sighed and got up from here seat near the counter. She ran her fingers through her hair and looked at me "We are not exactly like you."

"Oh well, that I can clearly see" I scoffed.

"You can?" Micah asked suddenly too enthusiastic about it.

"Oh yeah I can. You wanna know what is the difference? That y'all lack some kind of screw in that tight little brains of yours!" I shouted and was about to leave but Amaro pulled me back by grabbing my arm.

"Here us out" Amaro pleaded.

"Here you out? Y'all are talking shit! I get it you all are religious but I've not had a really sweet relation with godly entities alright" I sighed cursing my stupidity to step foot on this damn shop.

"Aveline, can we like talk in private. Like a girl to girl talk." Rennie asked smiling politely. Fine.

"Fine okay." I replied as we went inside a room was I think was the fortune telling room.

She sat down on the sofa and ushered me to take a seat too as I gradually did.

"We are not like you meant. We are not humans" Rennie said in a tone I couldn't pick point. Hah! As if.

"Yeah and well, I am Hitler" I said with a snort.

"I am serious, Aveline and hear me out before you put up your funny comments" Rennie told in a serious tone.

"Fine, I don't why I'm doing this stupid shit even after im sure y'all are a bunch of psychotic idiots"

"Okay...so, I really don't know where to begin really---" I cut her off with a sarcastic snort "Well, obviously the beginning because I'm getting annoyed now. Tell me the truth, which mental asylum was it?" I asked curiously and in a serious tone. I read in a article that if you try to talk nicely and curiously to an ill person, they might tell you the truth.

She sighed before glaring at me. And boy, did she looked angry but that's not what caught my attention. My attention was held up by her..eyes, they were swirling with reddish circles like anytime they would turn blood red. Wait!! What? I'm now officially going crazy. No, that can't be.