Chapter 4: Frank

Hazel cried into his shoulder for what felt like hours. Frank didn't mind though. Hazel didn't have much family left. It seemed like all she had was Nico. Now we didn't even know if she would have him for much longer.

Percy and Annabeth had arrived with Leo a few minutes ago. Concerned showed clearly on Annabeth's face and Percy just seemed miserable. Annabeth kneeled down next to Hazel.

"Hazel?" She spoke quietly. Hazel turned her head to look at her, attempting to wipe away her tears on her purple Roman t-shirt. Franks shoulder was wet from where she had been crying.

"Yes." Hazel replied, shaking slightly. Her voice was tight, like she didn't want to burst into tears again.

"It'll be okay." Was all Annabeth said before turning, grabbing Percy's hand and sitting with us in the grass. Leo stood for a few minutes and until he finally sat down.

Everyone was silent. Hazel had finally managed to stop crying when Piper spoke.

"We should see if he is going to be okay. They might know by now." Everyone agreed. They slowly made there way towards the infirmary. When they reached the entrance they were greeted by the head counsellor of the Apollo cabin.

Will Solace stood at the entrance, staring at them. He was frowning.
"You can't see him yet." The group stopped. Hazel looked at him, sadness consuming her.

"I-I just want to see my brother." she spoke quietly. Will shook his head.

"Nico's not in very good condition. He needs serious medical attention. But I can't figure out what's wrong. So now all we can do is wait it out." Hazel stared at the ground. Frank turned angrily at Will.

"If all we can do is wait it out, then you should at least let us see him! If he might not make it, let us say goodbye just in case! Hazel is his sister! At least let her go!" Percy stared at Frank shocked at his outburst.

Will stood his guard. Blocking the doorway. Hazel took a step towards him.

"I might be able to help. He explained some things to me before... he..." her shoulders shook and she started crying. Hazel turned and pressed her face into Frank's shoulder. He wrapped his arms around her, to trying to comfort her.

Will's gaze softened,
"Fine just you and Frank though. the rest can wait." he turned and walked into the infirmary. Frank and Hazel followed quickly.

There weren't many people inside. Just a few with broken bones from the climbing wall and capture the flag. At the back, there was a large section sectioned of by curtains. Will headed in that direction.

That must be where Nico is, Frank thought. Will pulled back the curtain. Nico lay on a cot. His dark hair stuck to his forehead with sweat. His pale arms were shaking by his sides. Hazel covered her mouth with her hands, eyes wide with shock.

Nico let out a strangled noise and began choking on blood. Will rushed to his side. He turned Nico on his side to stop the blood from being caught in his throat. Nico stopped choking. Will turned to them.

"What did he tell you? He has fallen into a coma, and at this rate... He probably won't make it through the night." Will's voice shook. Why was he upset about it?

"He said he was using his energy to hold off some sort of his fathers magic to protect the camp. It seemed to be wearing him down." Hazel explained. What was Nico protecting the camp from? What sort of magic? Hazel sounded like she was hiding something. Will nodded slowly.

"Okay. You need to leave now. Things are probably just going to get worse. You... Probably don't wanna be here to witness it." Frank stood and brought Hazel out of the infirmary.

The last thing they saw was Will beginning to cry while sitting next to Nico.