LOOKIN FOR COMFORT!

this is the first chapter of a new book i'm writing! basically, corbyn has dissociative identity disorder (its a dorbyn book aswell :)) tell me what you think!

🩹🕊🔭 " LOOKIN' FOR COMFORT "
chapter one | a not so happy day.

"g' morning, momma." corbyn smiled, walking into his mother's arms. she held him tightly as always, enjoying the warmth radiating off of her son's body. "did you sleep well?" saskia pulled away, placing a kiss upon his forehead. corbyn shrugged, tapping his fingers along the countertop. "i had a nightmare around two, but i went back to sleep eventually." his mother frowned, her hand rubbing the skin beneath his clothes along his back. "i'm sorry, baby. do you feel well enough to go to classes?"

corbyn's mother had always went easy on him, especially after restless nights. the college he was attending was— to the besson's surprise— extremely lenient with corbyn's frequent absences. it gave the blond haired boy comfort knowing his counselors and professors understood his struggles. "i'm okay, mom. i promise. just a small headache." he concluded, opening up a granola bar to take with him. "i'm just worried. you're my baby and i don't want you getting hurt."

as much as the boy didn't mean to, he was growing aggravated. "mom, i said i'm fine." corbyn's voice was soft, but it was evident that he was frustrated. "i'm sorry, love. have fun at school, okay? i'll be out when you get home, but your father's coming home early." she smiled, corbyn returning his own. "love you, momma."

"i love you more."

corbyn grabbed his backpack off of the chair and made his way out to his car. as always, his mom was standing on the porch waving goodbye— a tradition which started in elementary. sitting in the driver's seat, corbyn adjusted his mirror and started his car. as the morning glow of the sun was in his eyes, he pulled down the overhead mirror. he flinched once a small sticky note fell into his lap.

driving to school, don't get lost again — ben

NOTE:
BENprimary protector

corbyn laughed, mumbling quietly to himself as he drove; "thanks, ben." ben is one of corbyn's alters— the primary protector. he's always making sure corbyn and the others are safe and in a good mental state. while driving, if an alter fronts, they forget where they're going. it's happened far too many times, so to be safe, corbyn— or ben left everyone a note. "what would i do without you?"

absolutely nothing. "you're not wrong." corbyn laughed to himself, hearing ben's soft voice. living with dissociative identity disorder was always something corbyn struggled with, especially when it came to making friends. more often than not, some were scared— scared corbyn could switch and hurt them (although that's not at all what would happen). but he also saw it as a blessing. afterall, his alters were his protectors and best friends as odd as it may sound.

"stay back, please." corbyn mumbled, his head pounding as he felt ben come closer. at the next red light, the blond rested his head in his hands, hoping his head would ease up. he groaned when a car beeped behind him and continued on his way.

corbyn pulled up to the campus as usual, immediately making his way to his first lecture. normally, to be safe, the blond would sit at the very front. that way, if he feels he needs to leave immediately, he can. but today, his friend (a boy who lives on campus), was sitting in his sit. "hey jack." corbyn smiled, taking the seat next to him. he frowned once jack turned his legs away, seemingly inching away from the boy. "hi, corbyn. it's corbyn, right?"

corbyn rolled his eyes, but kept a small smile on his face. "yes, it's corbyn. trust me, you'd know if it wasn't me." he laughed lightly, pulling out his laptop. "frankly, i'm not sure if i'd like to find out." jack had always been 'iffy' around corbyn ever since he found out about his disorder. of course, he didn't mean to be rude. he hadn't known much about it and didn't want to take any chances. "please, i'm not gonna hurt you." the blond complained.

"how do i know that?" corbyn turned to jack, expecting him to be laughing or smiling like an idiot— but he was completely serious. "it doesn't work like that, jack." he scoffed, growing irritated by the boy. "but you said—" "one of my alters can be violent, yeah, yeah. he's a fragment and he doesn't front too often. he knows you're my friend and he's aware of who you are." corbyn explained, sighing as the professor began speaking.

"he doesn't front often, but he can?!" jack furrowed his eyebrows with a worried expression. "i mean this in the nicest way possible. can you please stop talking?" corbyn spoke, beginning to listen to his professor. thankfully, the rest first lecture went well and much to corbyn's content, his headache was receding. unfortunately, this wasn't the case for the next class.

during psychology, the professor began his lecture on mental illness. as corbyn listened, his head began to ache and his body felt light. he rested his head in his hands, waiting for the moment of dissociation to pass. although, another alter fronted instead. sawyer.

NOTE:
SAWYER — anxious, quiet

his eyes flickered around the room, which was filled with students. the blond bit his bottom lip raw and his leg bounced against the floor. he felt short of breath and his eyes began to blur. with his mind in a haze, sawyer raised his hand, his professor immediately letting him out of the auditorium. the distressed boy grabbed his bag and walked swiftly out the door and into a bathroom nearby.

sawyer leaned against the sink, hands and knees trembling violently. he fumbled for his phone in the pocket of his hoodie, gasping and crying as he searched for his mother's contact. before he could press it, a whimper escaped his lips as the headache grew worse, putting pressure behind his eyes. "i got him, i got him." he mumbled, ben fronting.

ben took deep breaths, looking down at the phone on the floor. he decided it would be best to calm down completely before corbyn came back, and so he rested his head against the wall, easing his mind. "god, sawyer. give us a warning next time."