1| OFF WITH THEIR HEADS

─────❝1| OFF WITH YHEIR HEADS❞─────

Marina Cuevas is a detective with the Intelligence Unit

Marina Cuevas is a detective with the Intelligence Unit. It's been, roughly, two months since she was recruited by Sergeant Hank Voight to be part of the unit, and to be honest, she's been having a pretty good time. Her life has changed drastically, and it was a blessing sent from above.

In those two months, she's been with two different partners. First, it was with Detective Erin Lindsay, a pretty brunette woman that turned out to be one of the sweetest and toughest girls she's ever met. But what weirded her out was Erin's relationship with Voight, but she learned to not question it.

After a month, a new recruit came. Detective Jay Halstead, recommended by Antonio Dawson. With this new person on the unit, Marina was passed to be Alvin Olinsky's partner. Marina had a feeling Alvin Olinsky didn't like her very much, but she didn't know why yet. The unit felt complete now that they had a new member. With Hank, Alvin, Antonio, Jules, Antonio's partner, Jay, Erin, and Marina, the Intelligence Unit specialized in high profiles cases.

Today, they were working on a case that for some reason, Sergeant Voight was the one that had the CI to get the information. Since Marina arrived at the bullpen, she's been working on catching up with some paperwork from a past case.

Sergeant Voight walked up the stairs, catching the attention of the people in the bullpen, after a small talk with Sheldon Jin. "All right, listen up." Marina tore her eyes away from the paper and rolled her chair to face Voight. "Got a name on those dope deaths. It's a dealer named Rev on South Emerald. As soon as Olinsky gets here we're gonna-"

Before Sergeant Voight could continue, Alvin rolled from behind a pillar and to everyone's view. Marina has been there since eight o'clock and she never noticed when he arrived, which surprised her. "Over here. Hey."

He saluted, flashing his banana. "Hey, Alvin."

Alvin nodded. "Hank."

After that was settled, Voight nodded to himself before continuing the meeting. "We're gonna set up a controlled buy. Halstead and Lindsay in the doorway, do not go inside," Voight ordered.

The two people involved looked at each other and nodded. "Got it."

Sergeant Voight started walking to his office while addressing his team one more time. "All right, one more thing. We've been doing this, what, two months? Now more than ever we keep everything in house. Understand? I don't care how they run other departments or how you came up. This is Intelligence, my unit."

Marina stood up and rested against a shelf of books beside Jules' desk to face her Sergeant properly. "You tell me the truth, so I can lie for you. And if you ever go over my head, it'll be the last head you go over."

He stopped, allowing everyone to process the information. Marina knew from the start how everything was going to work, due to Hank Voight's reputation on the force, and although Marina couldn't fully trust Hank Voight and still held prejudice over him, Intelligence was where she wanted to be so she didn't question anything from his speech.