Chapter 1: The Discovery

May 2019

The sun cast a glare of light on Maria's face. At this, the girl's eyes fluttered open. She groaned and pushed a pillow on her face, wishing she had more time to sleep. But she had to get up, no one else could help her mom who's suffering from carpal tunnel syndrome. Anytime now, her mother would come up and yell at her for being the lazy spoiled brat she is. Maria knew better than to argue. Old women are usually cranky and she understands that.

She got on her feet and walked towards the door.

"Oh, I almost forgot!"

Before leaving, she went back and took a picture out from under her pillow. It was no other than Michael Jackson. It was Maria's father who introduced her to the King of Pop at the tender age of two years old. Michael was her first crush. She remembered being completely mesmerized every time she would watch Michael's concerts. How smooth his dance moves were, how sweet and silky his voice was and how beautiful he looked in every way.

Maria planted a kiss on Michael's picture. It was a picture of him acting as Daryl, a high school student, on the music video entitled Bad. Maria always thought Michael looked adorable in casual clothing. More than that, Bad  was the video that made her fall in love with Michael. IN a young age, it was the moment she knew and felt the word "attraction".

"I'll see you later, love," she giggled.

But Maria noticed something different on the picture. It seemed to move, focusing and blurring at the same time.

"What? Am I on drugs or something?"

Finally, the picture came into a full view, strangely burning Maria's eyes. She dropped it in pain as she felt a massive headache. She couldn't handle the pain anymore. It felt as if her head was about to split open. She collapsed on the floor and fainted.

November 1986

"Are you all right, Miss? Please wake up," a soft voice called out to her.

Maria's eyes fluttered open. She was met with a pair of brown eyes staring at her. A string of black curly hair hung between the eyes.

"Mi-Michael?"

Michael smiled at her. "Yes, that's right."

Michael had her in his arms. She was completely mesmerized and even forgot how to breathe properly. He looked exactly as she thought he would be. Smooth tan-skinned, perfectly shaped eyebrows, strong jawline, soft plump kissable lips and a hint of child-like innocence in his eyes.

 Suddenly, Maria blushed and remembered she was only wearing a thin night gown. She felt cold and horribly exposed. She abruptly placed her arms over her chest.

"Uh..."

Michael realized and slowly let her sit on her own. Color flushed his cheeks as he looked away.

"Oh, boy. That was embarrassing. Where are my manners?"

He took off his jacket and placed it around Maria.

Maria blushed harder and noticed a small crowd of people beginning to stare at her. Michael's backup dancers.

"Who's she?" asked a boy with red roller-skaters.

"I don't know. I just found her like this."

"I'm... Maria," she said softly.