orange juice

Chapter Six

Kendall left my house silently after our meal last night. I didn't bother saying a single word and just let her speak her heart out. Or should I say, what she thinks is right. It is right, lawfully right that she should avoid me or anything that can destroy their marriage. But that doesn't make me stop. It just made me want her even more. Desire her even more. I know- NO. We both know that she also wants this. She's just being the good wife that she should be, but that won't take a while. I smirked as I watched my dear sweet neighbor glide from her car to her house. I'm sure she's well aware that I am looking at her from my window and yet she didn't even glance here for once. My smirk grew even bigger by her action. I won't let her get away that easy.

"I saw that." I was dragged back from my enticing thoughts when Emily stood beside me. Apparently the kid is loitering my peace. Again.

I rolled my eyes, not turning to her. "Saw what?"

"I saw how you ogle at her."

And there she was, finally, I saw her snatched a look at my direction and what makes me more thrilled is that, this nosy kid beside me didn't seem to notice it. I clenched my jaw and smirked inside.

"I'm not." I spat at her, but Emily looked at me with disgust that I still have the guts to lie into her face. She might not have noticed what just happened between me and my sweet neighbor, but she definitely knows me better. She knows when I'm lying or not.

"What if I am? What's wrong with that? I'm just looking!" I turned to her, making my innocent smile, but her face didn't change a bit.

"Ogle is what you did. Not looking, not starring, but OGLE. You looked like you were undressing her! And what is wrong is that she is MARRIED."

"I know. That's what makes it more exciting isn't it." I looked back at my sweet neighbor who just got her last grocery bag out from her car and now heading inside her house.

"Diana!" Why are you so into married people?"

I rolled my eyes at this overly dramatic kid beside me and was about to argue with her, but when I saw her stern face already firing at me, I stopped and just sigh in defeat. "Well.... they have this reserved act and look, and they have different perspectives about things.... I don't know? It's just... They know what they want and have guts to take it. That gives that effect on me that feels sexy and I can't resist it. And I'm not into married people! I'm into those kind of people. They just happen to be married." What a luck isn't it? "And relax, I'm not going to do anything and besides, pre-production is almost through. We'll be a lot busier when that happens." I walked away from the window and led Emily to the kitchen to fetch some drinks.

"No. I'm not buying it. With that smile all plastered on your sickening face? It cannot be trusted."

"That is so offensive." I replied to her, feeling offended.

"I intended to and could you please put your pants on!" Emily looked at me like I'm a scandalous piece of shit.

"It's my house." I really love the view here. It gives me peace. I stopped just a we stepped out and breathed in the fresh morning air of L.A then looked at the kid standing beside me. "Actually, I could flaunt all the way if I wanted to. There shouldn't be any problem with that... Right?" I smirked, provoking her. I grin at her innocence. "You little virgin." She's already twenty-four years old and still, she's a drought as the desert.

"Shut up!" and this is what I'm talking about. The kid pushed me into the pool. More like, kick if I were to say. She needs to be watered and I know who's the right person to do that.