18

I tuck a piece of hair behind my ear, my fingers trembling at the generic sound from the traffic and the frigid air. Blowing a puff of cloudy breath over my burning upper lip, I pocket my numb fingers and hug my arms closer to the sides of my body as I wait.

Two weeks and a half later, I find myself smelling the fresh air of the chilly roads, feeling it engulf me into its freezing element. My teeth begin to gently graze the sore redness on my lip, the damp warmth of my tongue feels soothing against the bites.

Albeit the hassle of my surroundings, I waited with a melting heart to hear from my boyfriend. To watch him pull up by the parking lot of the hospital and nuzzle me into his chest.

It has been three weeks since I last met eyes with him. It's been one since my gut craved to look at things past his lamb-like eyes. I peep heavenwards, an array of orange, pink, and blue blurs the vast sky with the prettiest hues. And yet, I fail to let my heart flutter at the beauty of the world around me.

Three weeks were enough to challenge me into abiding by better habits. I wouldn't be proud enough to say that I'm a changed person after those twenty-one days of therapy, but I did strive to attain these two cents of acceptance. I would give myself the credit for building a healthier relationship with food.

I wince at the loud screech of tires against the asphalt as my feet unintentionally pull me away from the sound. A scowl falls in place as I flash a grimace at the brightly hooded car.

I expect it to be Minjun, and my shoulders lift for a moment whilst a turgid smile splits across my face. But the feeling ebbs away as another older man steps out with a prescription bag in his hand.

Then, just as I am about to start stepping by the sidewalk to hail myself a taxi, a pair of hands cover my eyes from behind me, and I stumble into the newcomer's body.

A soft yelp erupts from my crammed throat as I bring my own fingers to push their way in between theirs and my eyebrows.

"M-Minjun?" Fresh tears begin to fill my eyes, my mouth starting to dry up as I squeak.

With parted lips and blinded eyes, I swallow a lump of words down my throat. I wait for him to let go of me with only a few gasps leaving my corpse of a body. And when he does, I twist around in my feet, barely taking the minute to identify his face before strangling my arms around his neck and pressing my nose against his particularly tended leather jacket.

I catch a whiff of honey and fruit loops, and my senses crave just a bit more of the same.

My chest doesn't feel so empty anymore.

"W-wrong name, but I like the reaction." A sweeter voice chuckles in my ear and I push the guy away by his shoulders.

My feet pull away, and a crimson tint stains my cheeks as I look up, and into the eyes of someone I'd never expected would show himself up.

"Seokjin." I mumble slowly, fiddling around with the hem of my padded jacket, "I didn't think you would be here."

I didn't think it would be Minjun either.

Somehow, I find myself looking around in slight disappointment, my eyes searching around for the presence of someone else.

"Yeah, well-" he scratches the back of his neck slowly, pocketing a hand before standing tall, "Your friend told me you would be discharged today. I'm sorry I couldn't visit earlier, my schedule was crammed."

"No, no," I rush, stepping closer to him with a generous smile, "I'm glad you're here, Seokie, I thought I would die of boredom, walking home by myself."