xxii. a fool in love

➩ 𝕤𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕤𝕖𝕝𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟: 𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕙 𝕒𝕟𝕘𝕖𝕝 (𝕨𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕓𝕖 𝕞𝕚𝕟𝕖) 𝕓𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕖𝕟𝕘𝕦𝕚𝕟𝕤

STILL LOCKED IN THE TRUNK, Amanda awaited for anything to come from around her to try and attempt to get someone's attention again. Considering Marty was bound to notice her gone, it was only a matter of time before he were to show up bounding to her aid.

Or, at least, she hoped.

Suddenly hearing footsteps out from the other side, she continued to bang against the trunk persistently to gain the attention of whoever was out there. "Hello!" She called out desperately.

"Amy!"

"Marty!"

He laughed on the other side other footsteps sounding around him soon after. "Fletcher brought me over here. Biff's goons took me out of the car, but he got them off of me and told me where you were." Only imaging how they got into the car in the first place, he was angered at them even possibly getting a chance to hurt her. "I swear to god if they did—"

"Now's not the time, blue. Just get me out of here, alright?" Marty went ahead to the band who owned the car with the lead singer, Marvin Berry, now looking for the keys to the car alongside the other members. Continuing to listen in, Amanda searched through the padding to hear a small jingle beneath her feet. "The keys are in here!"

There was a sudden silence over this with everyone outside collectively looking to the comment she made. "Say that again?"

Taking the keys up in her hands, she spoke again. "I said the keys are in here." Waiting inside for a few moments longer, Amanda only heard the lock on the other side being fiddled in an attempt to pick it out of being the only option there was to get her out. Without much time to spare, the trunk opened to have a large group greet her for Amanda to now see the band from the dance and her Marty crowding around her. He took out his hand as she tossed the keys over to one of the band members for them to catch it.

Noticing one of them received a large cut on their hands, Amanda motioned over to them worried. "You've got a wrap for that, right? I could—"

"Thanks for getting her you guys. We gotta go." Marty took her hand hastily over their plan having now worked out as intended to have her run alongside him again. "Why'd they even lock you in the trunk of a car in the first place?"

"By being friends with you apparently. Not much of a surprise there," Amanda joked to have him still laugh as the parking lot came into view not too far along. "Did George get there on time?"

Bumping into Marty who stopped suddenly, she turned her attention along with him. Looking ahead to see Biff knocked to the ground, the pair looked on in surprise over the confrontation that somehow occurred. Lorraine walked off with George thereafter, seemingly pleased by the grin on her face as Amanda laughed under her breath in relief.

She looked over to Marty taking out the photograph as a crowd stared at the sight behind them, seeing the figures of his siblings were still gone. "Wait that can't be?"

"I know," Marty cut her short to say as the two of them pushed past the crowd to head back to the gym. Seeing the band was still outside, Marty and her headed back over to speak to them. Recalling the story his parents had told him he realized that none of this would follow through without them being out along with the crowd. "Hey guys, you gotta get back in there and finish the dance."

"Hey man, look at Marvin's hand," Reginald explained to motion over to Marvin who had just cut his hand getting Marty out in the first place, "He can't play with his hand like that, and we can't play without him.