Chapter 38.

Over the next few hours they didn't expect to get anymore casualty into the village. It wasn't their animals or Gears that were injured but it was the Clan. The animals dragged in those who were barely breathing or those who are not strong enough to walk.

Nammon had to move Squad Eight's casualty into their room so he can treat the others. Oaujun has grown enough trust for Mond and his Squad to bring his friends into their respective room as he watches Nammon treats the Clan.

"Why are you guys helping them? I thought you'd kill them because they tried to wipe out your village?" Oaujun asks.

"We have a couple of simple rules in the village. One, do not harm the ones that surrender. Two, do not kill the children or elderly. Three, tend to the injured no matter who it is." Mond answers.

"Aren't you scared that they'll stab you on the back?" Oaujun lifts a brow while looking at the taller boy.

"We're strong enough to handle that stab to the back and we believe that they'll have a change of heart once they've been treated and see how this village functions. It'd also be good if we can have them to fight on our side." Mond explains.

"So you're basically recruiting them." Oaujun reponds.

"I have nothing to prove to you. This village is enough." Mond. "Anyway I think you should go get food for your friends. We cooked extra after knowing the Clans are becoming refugees here."

"Before that. I want you to answer me one question." Mond looks at Oaujun as he awaits the questions. "Why did you spare us but not Sandee?"

"As you can see, before the fight, Sandee is a slave to Sotus. She killed a couple of villagers and their families seek revenge. It was hard dealing with them with you guys around they wanted you guys dead but I told them that it wasn't you guys who killed their loved ones." Mond explains.

"You can convince her. You know that right?" Oaujun replies.

"Yeah but knowing Sandee, he probably wants to die. She's an electric eel. Naturally they have fats around their body to absorb the electricity that they emit but Sandee doesn't have any of that. Nammon was the one who created her when he was still in Sotus. They implanted a device or some sort inside of her so that the electricity would cause her any harm."

"That explains all the burn on her face. It's probably worse on her body." Oaujun comments, looking down as he remembers Sandee's face.

"Yeah. Now you know. Why do you think Nammon wants to be out of Sotus?" Mond says.

"Thanks. I'll leave you to this. I need some time to think."

Mond nods at Oaujun as he left. Oaujun wonder around the village still unable to fathom the fact that everyone is living peacefully with one another. He sees Gears carrying unconscious Clan's men and animals escorting injured ones towards the building that he just left. It was a sight he would have never thought of seeing in his life.

"Oaujun!" He hears someone shouting his name. He turns to the voice to see New running towards him. New stops before him, catching his breath. "Did you hear?"

Oaujun lifts a brow. "Hear what?" Oaujun was expecting in the lines of the villagers using the Clan's men as food because he heard that Gear's are cannibals.

"Squad One is making their way here." New pants out.

"What? Are they here to rescue us?" Oaujun asks. "They can't possibly fight against a whole village."

New shakes his head. "No. They betrayed Sotus. They're bringing some new Yokai here as well. Apparently March told me that Squad One is also part of this village. They hold valuable information about Sotus about when they plan to launch the next attack to the village."