01x18 (Under Control)

"Jeremy! Come on! School!" Rowen yells as she joins Elena downstairs. "Waking out the door now!"

"Forgot these," Jenna says as she hands each twin a thermos of hot chocolate.

Elena thanks her and opens the door, their uncle John Gilbert is standing there. About to knock.

"Elena!" John exclaims in greeting with a smile. "Rowen, you're home!"

"Uncle John, hi," Elena greets the familiar man as he enters the house.

"Jenna," John says as he nods toward the ginger.

"John, you made it." Jenna isn't happy with John's presence.

"I said I'd be here before noon," John reminds her.

"What you say and what you do are typically two very different things," Jenna states and Jeremy finally comes downstairs.

"Uncle John, what's up?" Jeremy asks in greeting.

"Hey!" John claps a hand against his shoulder before Jeremy walks out with Rowen, leaving John to chat with Elena and Jenna.
||...||~||...||

"Your uncle John?" Lexi inquires as she and Rowen walk down the school halls.

"Yep," Rowen replies. "So you might be seeing me more often at the boarding house... I can't stand John. Nobody really can, to be honest."

"I want to meet him," Lexi claims. "At least once, ya know?"

"I know, I understand," Rowen says. "Maybe whole he's in town I'll introduce you.,
||...||~||...||

Elena and Rowen were called into Alaric's classroom over something dealing with Jeremy. It's one of his papers.

"I made a copy of a paper Jeremy wrote for me," Alaric claims. "I think you two should take a look at it."

Ric hands the paper to Elena but she holds in between herself and Rowen. It's labeled - Fact Or Fiction: The Truth About Vampires in Mystic Falls.

"Jeremy wrote this?" Rowen asks as she looks at the vampire hunter / history teacher / Jenna's boyfriend.

"He's very clear that he didn't think it was real," Alaric claims.

"I really hope you're right bevauxe I've done so much to protect him from this," Elena says as she hands the paper back, wanting to believe that it was only her to keep Jeremy safe from the vampire world. 

"So, how do you deal with it?" Alaric asks.

"What do you mean?" Elena asks.

"With all the lies and secrets," Alaric reploes. "You have to lie to everyone who's important to you."

"I mainly hang out with the supernatural," Rowen states. "I'm rarely home anymore."

"It's not safe for them to truth," Elena says, referring to her friends who don't know - Matt and Caroline, and then there's Jenna. "So, yes, I keep it from them, but it's only because I love them."