Chapter five - Perfection!

Slowly, Bilbo's body perched at the edge of his bed, turning so slightly until... 'TLUMP'. He shot awake like the speed of fire, banging his head on the bedside table, he moaned, deeply. Taking a deep breath, he stood up to get himself ready for the day ahead.

Alone, Bilbo's eyes flickered, he bolted through every room in Bag-end, where was she, where was Faun? He called her name, no reply. "That Wizard..." Bilbo muttered to him self, frowning. He stomped into the kitchen to arm himself, Bilbo searched through all the cutlery, crashing and clinking, he saw the forks, he saw the knives, in panic, he grabbed the silver-wear he thought best and ran to the door. Stepping outside, Bilbo halted and tripped himself over. Lifting his head off the stone path, he saw a tall cloaked figure, with two horns, shimmering black, spiked shoulder armor and a grey blade with blood-stone engravings. The red lace on their corset matched the blade. Bilbo struggled off the floor, raising his silver-wear to his face, he was shaking. The figure laughed and emerged from the ambiguous, revealing a pale masterpiece with midnight lips and a black mists warping around eyes wreathed in flame. It was Faun. "Faun? what happened? where were you?" Shaken Bilbo nattered, Faun peered at Bilbo's arms. Faun began with an edge "I went to sort somethings out...y'know...like make new armor, weapons..and yeah, why are you holding a spoon?" she raised her eyebrow with a small grin as Bilbo laughed and threw  the silver spoon behind him.

Moments later, Bilbo trotted over to lock the gate as Faun grasped the hilt of her sword and strolled inside. Bilbo caught up with her, his eyes coated with question, he began "Faun, what happened to your forehead? You've got...horns?" Bilbo gazed up and the tall, curved, black horns, glazed with crimson rust. "Oh, yes. I grew horns, it hurt a bit and it's probably because I'm perfected now, it was probably because of being stabbed... Do you like them?" Faun said slowly full of hope. Bilbo paused and furrowed his brow, he was trying trying to catch up, Faun's eyes widened filled with tears and she took a small frown, she began a sorrowful question "You don't like them?" as hearing this, Bilbo walked up to her and smiled "ah, my dear Faun, I think they're truly great." he hugged her, yet this time she hugged back without being knocked over.

The hour was still early, no Hobbits had awoken, Bilbo was sat on his bench smoking pipe weed, Faun stepped near while swinging her blade, she vaulted it into her grey Mithril scabbard. She lay silver blade on the bench, as Bilbo lifted and examined the structure. Perplexed, Bilbo gazed up at Faun, raising an eyebrow. Faun looked down at him, holding her swords hilt, she said in a persuading manner, "I'm looking for someone to share in an Adventure..." Bilbo thought for a moment, he was considering how Faun belonged to the wilds, he sensed of it's importance. He answered her bravely "What kind of adventure? I do want to go!"  Bilbo arose from his seat, Faun's face lit up, she was pleased, she wasn't expecting him to agree. With a smile, Faun began with confidence, "It is a quest to relight the dragon fires! Its in a place not so far away, but, the roads are dangerous. Are you sure?" Bilbo would do anything for Faun, hoping for a chance. Moments later, Bilbo asked where they were going, Faun handed him a map, 'Amon Sûl (weather top)'. They headed away. In Bilbo's mind, An adventurer, a trustworthy companion with a quest - its sounded a great story to tell, Bilbo had no idea of Faun's power, that she was one of the most powerful beings of Middle-Earth. In his naïvety, Bilbo hadn't the slightest idea of what lay ahead. He thought everything was going to stay perfect.