2

You sat in that chair for what seemed like hours, Chris cradling your head against his chest. The policeman finally came out, they said they would do everything they could. Just as Chris lead you out the building, you blacked out.

You woke up in bed, a warm towel on your head. You looked around, trying to remember what happened. Then all of it hit you. Calvin....Calvin! You thought, and jumped out of bed. "CALVIN!!!" You  screamed, running to her bedroom. You slammed her door open, but her room was surrounded by crime tape. You slid to your knees, No... I thought it was a dream. You felt warm hands around your waist, and looked behind you at Chris. "I thought it wasn't real. This doesnt feel real!" You sobbed, Chris stroking your hair. He nodded. "I know, I know. I want her back too."

Since the house was still under investigation, you and Chris left that evening, and went to stay with Veronica. You walked in the door, huddling yourself. Veronica smiled warm heartedly at you, before giving you a gentle hug. "Hey." She whispered in your ear, rubbing your back. You tried to smile, but you could already feel the tears building up in your eyes. She let go, looking into your eyes for a split second, before moving on to Chris. They hugged briefly, but you still couldnt help but feel slightly jealous. This is not the time, you thought, but just couldnt seem to push it down.
Jadelyn was upstairs in her room, and CJ was doing his homework. Veronica sat down next to him, watching him work. "How are ya'll holding up?" She asked, still looking at CJ's worksheet. "Barely." You said. Chris came up behind you and kissed your shoulder. "But, I've been sure she hasn't fallen completely apart." Veronica nodded. "I wish....there was something I could do." She sighed. "Especially because of.... you know...the last time." You nodded, "Right, I havent actually thought of that." Veronica looked up at you and Chris, "You know.... I think of that everyday. I feel so horrible about it." Chris looked away, but you could feel his grip on your shoulder tighten.
You look at Veronica, "You known I've forgiven you. But if you want to do something so desperate...." your voice cracks and breaks, and the tears finally escape your eyes. You take a deep breath, and calm yourself a bit. "If you want to do something to help....it's to find the bastard that took my child."