4

You pulled up to police station, and quickly rushed inside. A police officer escorted you to the back where they had some items on the table.
The first thing you saw was Calvin's clothes, and you almost buckled at the sight. You pulled yourself together and continued to scan the objects. Next was a teddy bear. Her teddy bear. You thought, noticing the band-aid. Calvin had accidentally torn it, and Chris had put band-aid on it. How did I miss that? You thought, sighing. The third and last object was a shoe. A really large shoe.
Why would this shoe be here? Do they know how small Calvin is?
The police officer looked at you, "Do you recognize any of these items?" You nodded, pointing to the clothes and teddy bear. "Those were.. excuse me... are Calvin's. I'm kinda confused on the shoe..." and then it hit you. The shoe was the kidnappers.
Suddenly it felt like all the wind had been knocked out of you, and you placed a hand on your chest. "Ma'am are you ok?" The policeman asked, stepping towards me. I waved him off, "Yes, I'm fine. Thank you." The cop stepped back, and then gestured towards the shoe. "I'm guessing you know what this shoe represents." You nod, as a wave of nausea splashes over you.
You push it down. "Where did you find all this?" You ask, gently picking up Calvin's teddy. The band-aid was starting to fray at the edges. "They were located in the wooded area behind the park. We've started a full investigation and are scouting the area." You shook you head, and held the bear closer to her body. The policeman noticed, and whispered, "You can keep that, we didn't find anything on the bear. But we havent checked the rest yet." You smiled, and walked out the door, still gripping the bear.
Chris found you laying on the couch, the teddy wrapped up in your arms. He gasped, "Is that..." "Calvin's bear, yes. It even still has the band-aid." You looked over and saw the tears start to bubble in his eyes. You gestured him over, where he collapsed on top of you, sobbing. You stroked his little puff, tears starting to fall from your eyes as well. "Don't you worry Chris. We're gonna find her!"