Hideout

"It's finally over," I sighed enthusiastically as we began walking back towards the aisle to leave.

"Don't celebrate just yet, we still have to go to the banquet tonight," Kaity reminded as we walked out of the ballroom, our arms looped with the boy next to us. "You risk getting expelled if you don't go," Kaity added debunking my plan.

"Darn fiddlesticks..." I huffed.

"So... What are you going to wear?" She asked jokily.

"Oh you know, an oversized Fall Out Boy shirt and some track pants, just my usual formal attire," I answered. She laughed at my response as I grabbed her hand and rushed her out into the courtyard. "Can we go do something fun now?" I pleaded, she nodded with a smirk as we walked back to our large dorm room. Within moments of entering the dorm, I locked myself in the bathroom, quickly washing my face and pulling my hair into pigtails. Stepping out of the bathroom, I glanced over at Kaity who was sitting on her bed putting on her runners, having changed out of her dress and into casual attire "Let's get out of here before we have to engage in conversations with boys," I said as we sneaked back out past the courtyard to the far garden which was mostly quiet. We weaved through the large maze and disappeared out the exit of the maze along the gravel path.

"Are we going to our hideout?" Kaity asked receiving a nod as I started running into the forest which surrounded the large school. Before long Kaity had overtaken me and was sitting at the top of the ladder next to the wooden fence that surrounded the first floor of our treehouse when I finally arrived. While we were little we accidentally travelled too far away from the school and found this tree, a beautiful maple tree that stood higher than any of the other trees, we started spending most of our free time at this tree and the school had picked up on how much we loved the tree so for our 13th birthdays they surprised us by making a large treehouse in the tree so we wouldn't have to sit on the branches anymore. Even after 3 years, the treehouse is still in tip-top condition and besides the teachers, Kaity and I are the only ones that know about the treehouse. "Why are you just standing there, hurry up and get up here," Kaity declared as I climbed the ladder onto the top floor, we laid back on the wood and stared up at the clouds through the leaves.

-------

"Shoot, it's 5 pm already," Kaity huffed as she glanced up at the small battery-operated clock. We've been out here talking for the past hours and the sun was starting to set. I sighed standing up.

"Let's get back our room then," I replied as we rushed back to the garden, as soon as we passed through the maze and went into the courtyard we saw a large group of kids forming around already dressed. "I thought it started at 6 pm," I said looking at Kaity who shrugged.

Once we reached our rooms the maids had already laid our outfits on our beds. I walked over to my bed of which had two outfits neatly laid out upon. A short aqua halter dress and a black long silk dress, I picked up the aqua dress and turned to the maids, "Now which of you angels laid this out for me?" I asked smiling as Lily, one of the newer maids raised her hand. I chuckled running up to her and pulled her into a warm hug. "Now you're someone with style," I chuckled as Kaity laughed from behind me.

"Thank you Princess Alice," Lily replied, I laughed and put my hand on her shoulder.

"It's just Alice, please don't be formal with me," I smiled before turning around and running into my walk-in wardrobe to get changed (princess luxuries). Once I was done changing I grabbed some black heeled boots and threw them onto my bed as I walked past into the bathroom. Kaity stood in the bathroom mirror pulling her hair into a bun. I sighed and slumped down onto the side of the bath. "Do I have to?" I asked, Kaity turned to me and smiled.

"Yep," She replied handing me a hairbrush alongside a hair curler.

"If my hair falls out from using this.. thing, you're going to be sorry," I declared before grabbing a chair and putting it next to her in the large mirror. I sat down fumbling around with the curler curling my hair. Once finished, I went to pick up the foundation and a beauty blender before being halted by Kaity who sighed.

"You still have no idea how to apply makeup, do you,"

"What gave it away," I replied with a smile, she sighed again and walked out of the bathroom, moments later she walked back in, Lily trailing behind her.

"Ignore her complaints and just make her pretty," Kaity instructed Lily as I scoffed sarcastically towards Kaity.

"I thought I was pretty without makeup,"

"Hun..." Kaity looked at me. "You look like you slept in the woods," I glared at Kaity before erupting in laughter and turning to look at Lily.

"Just don't go overboard, I don't want my acne to flare up," Lily nodded and walked over and began. Once Lily was done I looked at myself in the mirror. "You really are an angel," I told Lily as she beamed back at me. I stood up hugging Lily before walking back into the bedroom. Kaity was laying on her bed scrolling through her Instagram, I strutted over and she looked up at me and laughed as I did a few poses before sitting on my bed and putting on my shoes.

"You look stunning," Kaity complimented standing up from her bed with a spin to show off her outfit. She had a short strapless light pink dress and white high heels, her hair was in a high bun with small pink flowers around the rim, she also wore a necklace with jewels around it which matched with her colourful nails.

"Wow, girl, no one knows what's going to hit them tonight," I laughed. Kaity held out her arm to me.

"M'lady," She said with a wink. I smiled taking her hand as she spun me around and did a short waltz.  "Let's get going," Kaity declared and we stopped dancing. Before leaving the dorm I turned around and saluted the maids who saluted me back.