Ch#28 Who's going to save you from the big, bad rat?!

Back into Dawood, I know, I know that doesn't make alright. Girl power and all but in my defense i was in shock okay?
And sprug away as quick as I sprung onto him.
"Buhaha hahaha. You got scared of a little rat." He choked out between laughter.
And me? I did what any rational person would do in this situation. I used my weapon aka the might hanger on his head again! And walked away back to my room.

Stupid rat and that stupid used toothbrush, spoils my sleep. If I sleep now I wouldn't be able to get up for fajr. Does that happen to you? Of course it does! You're all human or so I presume. So instead I decided to recite the Quran so that I can sleep peacefully after Fajr. Missing fajr just spoils the day for some reason, it feels like you've lost a part of you and have a heavy heart for the rest of the day. It's like fajr clicks a button in me to make the day peaceful.

It was around 11 am when Phoppo asked about Dawood and he was nowhere to be found "since he didn't show up for breakfast" and the kid that "loves phoppo kay hath ka nashta" can't be missing, is why me and Belle was running around the house, turning tables looking for him and under beds. He's a rat remember? He could have been anywhere.

"Isn't he an adult, he should be capable of not getting lost or kidnapped." I snapped at Belle as she giggled at the idea of him getting kidnapped, or sold at the black market for spare parts given by one and only Parihan.
"Zeenith beta, tum dhondnay nahi gai bachay ko? Itna pyara bacha hai, kuch hogaya us ko phir." Phoppo asked when she saw me plopped on the sofa after looking for that used toothbrush for over minutes might I remind you. As if he was Allah's gift to all mankind. Oous pyaray bachay ki to. Mil janay do usay bas, phir batati hon.
(Zeenith child, you didn't go to look for the kid? He's such a sweet kid, what if something happens to him)
(Let me just find that sweet kid, I'll show him then.)

"Phoppo bas esay hi gaya hoga kuch lenay." I replied trying to calm her down, while I was secretly planning of ways of torture for him.
(He probably just went to get something),
He's already spoilt my night, he doesn't get to spoil the rest of the day. We're supposed to go to Empress market, Frere hall AND have dhabay ka chai paratha (tea and tortilla? What on earth do you call a paratha in English?! At A road stall/restaurant). Do you know how Important that is?!

Nearly 3 hours later and a few calls to all the pagal khanay (mental hospitals), (sorry, no that was an exaggeration but that's what we should have done!!) Instead I just called all my cousins who've either met/or helped Dawood in anyway I found out he was out with Chacha Mian (Dear uncle) at a convention (tablig) AND HE TOLD BABA ABOUT IT WHO DIDN'T SAY A THING.

So, we went on with our day without Dawood, Can't change plans at the last moment! We have to go to Kemari tomorrow!!! (Fishing dock
It was around 8 pm and just before dinner when we entered back into the house with bags full of things from empress market and a phone filled with pictures of frere hall and do you know what's the first thing we saw!? No? It was that used tooth brush grinning, stuffing his stupid face with chicken at the table.

I rushed a quick Salam to everyone and  stomped to my room not really caring about talking to anyone. Why!? Why!? I mean why does this idiot can't let me live in peace. I have less than 3 days to go back! And I should be out there cuddling next to baba but instead I'm here throwing a hissy fit.
"I heard you missed me a lot today, Muslim." The voice spoke, I'm sure with his usual well worn smirk that seemed to have etched permanently on his face especially when he's around me.
"Yeah I did. Because Today I had an opportunity to sell you at empress market like the dog they kept in that cage." I snapped, anger is terrible, never let it get to you.
"Tsk tsk, who's going to save you from the big bad rat if I'm not there." He said teasingly, As soon as the words left his mouth, so did the shoe went flying across the room.

Authors note:
Salam everyone! It's terrible and short but mannnnn I'm really trying to get something out there. Ramadan mubarak! Stay safe, stay home! It's 3:40am, and I'm off to go make sehri! Remember me in your prayers!

Vote, commet, share!

~M