Ch#22 Let's get ready for the wedding

Dawood took another step ahead gawking at what's ahead of him when he stepped into a puddle that may or may not have been disgusting.
"F***ing hell!" He yelled out.
"Hey! Zip it! Mind your language!" I told him as I grabbed Belle's hand and pulled her with me.
"Man this place looks amazing!" Belle shrieked as she happily went along with me. See! That's how you enjoy a new place, you embrace everything it has to offer. But of course, if you're an egg head like Dawood you'll hate everything. Especially heat, even though I'm not a big fan of the heat either.

The first thing we stopped at, or well Belle stopped at was one of those crockery/all the little things from frames to appliances (you'd know if you've ever been to one). And from there time flew for those of us who was having fun and dragged for those who just couldn't stop complaining about how most of the things were old and used or how could they sell an Armani for Rs. 300 (aproxx £2.5) and a leather jacket for Rs. 600. (I do want to make it clear that not everything there is used). I being the very kind person I am didn't let them eat there because well. I still have a lot of things to do and show them before I become the reason they end up at the hospital.
They're still my guests, guests who still have to see the rest of Karachi. I've gotta show off my gorgeous city, don't I! And we all know Karachi has a lot to offer and we just have 5 days left!!!That's not enough time to see all of Karachi! I mean hello!! Traffic!!

The best part was the little kid that wouldn't leave Dawood alone. You know, those little kids the large bags to help you carry things.
"Bhai thela lai lo. Bhai saman utha lon." (Brother, would you like a bag? Brother, can I help you carry your stuff)
"Listen kid, leave me alone. I don't want anything." He said, he looked like he was ready to beat the kid up if he didn't leave now. So I decided to step in wouldn't want a child to be a casualty.

As all good things, this trip had to come to an end as well. We made our way back with our arms full of bags because of how much fun Belle was having with all the different and not to mention cheap stuff and tiny stuff, man I love those Rs.10 and 20 stalls.
"Do you guys want to eat out or should we get home? I think phoppo made aloo ka paratha, you know the potato filled bread." I said to them once safe in the car with the AC on, that's the important part! The Ac in this heat! which Dawood not so swiftly turned towards himself in the front not letting those in the back getting any air. If you're lived with siblings or cousins, you know what I'm taking about

"Dawood, turn the AC back." I ordered.
"No." He so very kindly replied.
"Bhai, AC pechay kr dain." I said to the driver, if Dawood isn't listening the driver definitely will. (Get the ac in the back)
And after that it was a tumble between the driver and Dawood playing with the Ac till we were finally home.
As soon as we entered we were bombard by phoppo and her questions. "Kahan reh gai thay? Itni deer kyun laga di? Khana kha kr to nahi ai na?" She ranted. (Where did you go? Why are you so late? You didn't eat did you?)

I answered phoppo everything and we made safely to the room to freshen up before lunch.
As soon as Belle saw the bed she flopped on top.
"Man, I'm sooooo tired."
"You're not the only one, but hurry up freshen up before phoppo comes with a bailan (rolling pin) and smacks you with it." I asked her as I took off the shoes.
"I can sleep for days now." She replied.
"You don't get to sleep for days, we have to get you to try out your dress for the wedding tonight." I replied as I pulled her off the bed.

We were getting ready for the wedding, I'm wearing a sharara (those long skirts) yohoo! (And man it's so hard to carry) so is Belle but she was sooo much more comfortable with it than I was. She was born to wear a sharara. Can someone be born to wear a sharara? My amazing thought process and EYELINER was INTERRUPTED when stupid entered the room once again stupidly shirtless, does he even own shirts? Oh right, he doesn't really because we weren't able to shop. Oops, who's fault was that was that again? He was holding on to his nara-less (without drawstring) pyjamas like his life depended on it, well it kinda did. Because my baba will kill him if he saw.

"Why on earth are these clothes so difficult? Does it even have a belt? Where do we tie the belt?" He said looking lost at the both of us. Do you remember how I was still getting ready? And that may or may not mean that I was not wearing my scarf and my hair was almost a birds nest? No? Well I do.
"Dawoood! Out!!!" I yelled grabbing something to wear on my head. Idiota, Can't even knock! I mean hello? General manners, ever heard about it?
Taking a deep breath and a scarf, I went back out leaving Belle struggling with her birds nest, hair. I mean hair.

He stood out the door still holding on to his life, "Will you help me now? Why do I even have to go to this stupid wedding? I hate weddings, I mean seriously just say your vows and move on!"
"You have to go this wedding because you so stupidly decided that you wanted to join us and bother us on this trip." I snapped while I walked back to the room to look for that nara. After solving that stupid problem we left, very very very late! It's Fariha Baji's wedding! I should have been the first one there! Who was going to greet the guests if not me!

"So you guys sign a contract and verbally say yes?" Belle asked as we took behind Fariha baji ready for her to sign. (The girl usually sign before the guy.)
"Yep! There's a whole portion on the contract we call the Nikkah Nama where the girls can set her conditions, some families cut that out though." We clapped along with everyone when she signed and I grabbed Belle and ran out to where bhai sat on the stage ready to sign.
"So wait? The bride and the groom sit on the stage for the rest of the night?" She asked as we found a place to stand.
"Yeah, I know sounds exhausting but it's tradition. After the Nikkah they sit on the stage to everyone can come great them." I replied.
"So when will you steal his shoe?" She asked.
With a Cheshire grin I replied, "Soon."

Author's note:
Salam, so this chapter was an absolutely terrible filler! But I forced myself to write something well because we need to get on with this story. Oh before I forget, Ramadan Mubarak even though we've past more than half of it. Hope you and your family are having a wonderful ramadan! Share your favourite aftari's!

Vote, comment and share!