Chapter one: The night

I layed here, as steady as could be just so he would stop hitting me. Maybe he thought I was dead, Maybe he knew I was faking it and he was standing over me with a knife.... Maybe I over think, but all I can hear is the screams of my sister being beaten by the only man that "loved" her, and that would be our bastard father. He would always tell her he loved her then two minutes later I'd find his hands around her neck slowly squeezing harder and harder. They always fought until a few months ago, around the time I found out she had been raped by our uncle. Then she barely talked to anyone, even our bestfriend, Micheal... And when my sister wouldn't fight back when my dad would call her a slut and whore he got mad and would hit her over and over again.

Micheal knew about the rape and did EVERYTHING he could to help her, he'd show up at the door with flowers and kiss her cheek and even one day he drove her to see a therapist to see if that would help any. When he and I would talk all he wanted to talk about was how much he thought my sister Bayleewas so beautiful, and how she means the world to him. They weren't even dating, I was kindve glad they didn't because I've had a crush on him for years, but didn't have the balls to tell him.

The night I was Cleaning out Baylee's room, Micheal showed up. I saw his perfect face in the doorway, smiling and coming in for a hug. As we hugged I heard a loud pounding on the door. I look outside to see That there was a swat team surrounding my house and two of the men were tackling my dad, i could only imagine what they were busting him for. I actually felt a sense of relief when I saw this happen. Suddenly I felt hands on my waist, and a head on my shoulder telling me it was okay. I turned to see Micheal Standing behind me. We starred into eachothers eyes for what seemed like a lifetime until I felt his warm, soft lips press against my cheek. I could feel my body tremble from his touch. I bursted into tears crying on his shoulder, "dammit, I need Baylee back..." His hands move from my waist to wrapped around my back as my arms rests on his shoulders. I feel his lips gently touch my cheek. As he lets go he wipes my tears to the ground and grabbed my hand, pulling me to the couch where we layed and cuddled. "M-micheal? If you want, you can sleep over. That's only if you feel comfortable staying Here with just me..." "Of course, I would love to stay were with you Kelsey," the way he said my name makes my body shiver, it sounds so perfect coming from him.  I smile and dig my head into his masculine  chest.

"Hey Kels, mind if I go make some popcorn and put in a movie?"

"Go ahead, what movie? I'll put it in for you"

"Hmmm, whatever one I guess." I search through my movie case looking for the perfect one. The Notebook! I put the CD in and started it as soon as he layed back down.

"Hey, I'll be right back Micheal, I just need to change." I try to walk fast so I don't miss the movie and stumble over my own feet. I don't bother to shut the door because Micheal was in the living room and I was in my room across the house. I search for my favorite pair of shorts I wear to bed and a tank top. As I pull off my pants revealing my black American Apparel underwear Micheal walks in. I turn to see him starring at my body. He starts to turn red when he sees I've spotted him. "Um, well I came in to tell you the movie started but I guess you're a bit busy, I'll leave"

"You don't have to.. I mean you can but... " I turn red now that he has seem my almost naked body. He came in and wrapped his arms around my waist.