Chapter 7

I walked into Mr. Baines's classroom, my heart heavy with grief and sadness. I had no idea why Jeremy had left before training had finished and why Aaron had let him leave without telling me.

Ceiana had been really worried and almost forced me to shift. She wanted to find him and protect him. She would've done it if it wasn't for the Mirage Pack that had shown up and calmed us both down.

I glanced up to see that Jeremy looked like shit, too but didn't say anything to him. I could feel his eyes on my back while I sat down in my seat, not even acknowledging Mr. Baines. I just laid my head on my desk and closed my eyes, trying to get at least some sleep to act "normal," or at least as normal as I could in this form.

"Miss Greece," Mr. Baines said, and I grunted a response to let him know that I was listening to him. There was a twinge of worry that I picked up on, but I had no idea if Jeremy could hear it or not. "You know that you shouldn't have your head on the desk. You can't afford to sleep during my class."

"He knows," I said, keeping my head on my desk. I closed my eyes further, wanting to doze but knowing that I might not be able to. I just prayed that I would at least get an easy workout tonight if not having the night off so that I could be able to act like the stuck up bitch I was meant to be.

The sound of the door closing filled my ears, the strings pulling away from my fingers while he closed the door. They glided through my hands, begging for me to grab them, but I didn't; I let him close the door.

"Then, you look like shit," he said. He made it to the desk in front of me and sat down on the table, placing his feet on the chair. He was staring at me; I could tell. He was studying me to make sure that I hadn't been hurt or something along those lines.

I lifted my head and gave him a deadpanned look, too tired to argue like I would have normally done. "You should see the other side," I said, talking about my true form. "I didn't bother to change or take a shower from training."

"Other side?" Jeremy asked, and I finally looked at him. His brows were furrowed, and his head was cocked, and my heart skipped a beat because he looked so cute with how he looked like a puppy dog. He looked at me and then looked at Mr. Baines before he looked at me. "So... it's not a dream?"

I shook my head. 'Can you text my brother to see if I can't do a half day or something?' I asked Mr. Baines through the link. 'She almost succeeded in forcing me to shift.' "No, it wasn't," I said. "It was all real." I placed my head back on the desk, closing my eyes.

'Are you ok? You shouldn't have gone to school today,' Mr. Baines said. Concern filled his voice, and I could tell that he was frowning.

'She needed to see him and make sure that he was alive.'

"So... your name is actually Avalon and not Demetria?" my mate asked.

"Yep," I replied, nodding in confirmation. "I am too tired to make a shield, so let's not talk about what is real and what isn't. It's not safe."

"Shield?"

"Mmhmm. It makes it so that those that are trying to find me can't find me, and I will be able to say what I want without them knowing."

"Are... they dangerous?"

I blinked and slowly nodded, unimpressed that he had asked that question, but I understood because he didn't know about them like I did. "I... wouldn't be in this get up if they weren't," I replied. "Nor would I be doing two projects or taking two tests or having to train hard every gym period or every night."

"Or have a curfew at what? Five?" Mr. Baines asked.

I nodded. "I have to be at my house or the training field before five. If I don't," I shrugged my shoulders and looked at him, "then they will be able to find me. They're going to be after you now because you are my mate."

Jeremy furrowed his brows, and I could see that he was getting angry. "Why?" he asked. His voice was hard and cold, and I had to keep myself from flinching away from him. "Why will they be after me."

"Because you are special," I replied. "I don't know how. Amon never told me."

"Who?"

"You'll meet him later. Today if you are lucky during Ad- uh- Mr. Okeke's class."

Jeremy gave me a suspicious look. "And, why would I be meeting him then?" he asked.

"Because." I smirked. "Congratulations. You get to do what I get to do now. I hope you are ready to sweat."