Chapter 7

A few days passed full of sadness and pain, no matter how hard I tried to forget him, I couldn’t. It was only a matter of time before my eighteen birthday was celebrated, everyone was happy especially my parents and relatives but I, I couldn’t even smile. Prince and Frane’s wedding will be tomorrow, my special day.

“Aika, let’s watch the fireworks outside!” my cousin Maria called me in the living room.

It’s new year day and everyone is celebrating except me. I smiled at Maria and said I was going to follow her later.

I know they should be focusing my time and my mind but I can’t, I’m still very much affected by everything that happens.

I took the advantage to go out while they are busy watching fireworks outside. I left the house and went to the playground of this village.

When I got to the playground, I sat in a swing. I looked up and gazed at the sky, peaceful and full of stars. How I wish that everything going back to the normal.

“Aika.” I turned my gazed to the man who called my name. I stood up, shocked looking at him. His gaze was too deep.

“W-what are you doing here?” I wonder to ask him. I don’t know why I’m feeling so good right now because I’ve seen him again but I know for myself that this is a replacement.

“C-can I hug you?” he sked. I just nodded, I let him hug me. This will be the last. I felt tears welling up in my eyes.

Please, God. I cried and my heart sank as I heard his cries. His grip tightened even more when I tried to remove his hand from my waist.

“Aika, I’m sorry. I fought but it was not enough. I have nothing against it. However, I loved you.” he said crying out loud.

“I understand. I fight and you fight. We both fight for our love. We tried to fight buit it was enough. Insufficient.” I said.

The tears coming from my eyes just kept falling. It was only a matter of time before he finally pulled off his hug, at the same time he is still crying out loud.

“P-please, Prince. Stop crying. Hush, baby.” I said trying to calm him down.

“Are you okay?” I asked him. He just shook his head and my heart sank as his tears flowed endlessly. It hurts him.

“How about you? Are you okay?” he asked. I just nodded. I accept it even if it hurts. For the happiness of his family, I will accept it.

“Your love for me was not enough to fight me, to fight me until the end.” I said honestly. I’ve thought about that for a long time. If he really loved me he would fight for our love.

“I loved you so much.” he said.

“I  know. But we can do nothing. There is no problem with me if you choose them because I know they are more imoportant than me. Even if it too painful I would admit, I have no regrets. I understand, Prince. I understand. I accept it for the happiness of your family and for your good.” I said. I held his face with my tembling hands. I look at in his face.

I look at every part of his face, I want to get close to him again with a close up of his face. Almost every part of his face is capable of me.

“I love of every bit of you, my baby. I love the figure of your face.” gradually I brought my face to his face. I kissed him quickly. I saw that he was very attached to what I was doing.

“You are my first and last love. Promise.” gradually I retreated.

I smiled at him. I know this is our last meeting, I know he’ll be more hurt by what I do but I couldn’t think of a way to let him go.

“P-prince.” I said in a low tone.

“I know, even though it hurts a lot. I know you deserve it.” I said while crying. You can bear it, Aika.

“I’m setting you free..” my tears flowd like a river that just kept flowing.

My heart sank as he slowly knelt down as his tears continued to dflow. I can not take it anymore I don’t like the ideas coming to my mind.

“Can you wear this ring, baby?” he said and holding a wdding ring.

“W-why?” I asked.

“Someday. I’l marry you, someday. Please, wear this ring I plead you.” he said. I look at his eyes of full emotions.

Oh, baby, I love you so much. I slowly came to him and took that ring and put it on my finger.

“Thank you. I will marry you. Wait for me. Promise, I’ll be back soon.” he stood up and kissed me. A kiss full of love.

“You have to go.” I said. I don’t want him to stay here anymore because all my decisions may change.

“O-okay.” he murmured. Gradually he walked away. My heart sank as I watched him walk away from me.

“Goodluck to your wdding.” I said. He looked at me. I could see he was still crying. He is hurting.

“Goodluck to your debut. Happy birthday, my Princess.” he said. He just smiled and walk again.

Goodbye, My Prince.”  I whispered. Little by little my beloved man was gone.

Prince Timber Francisco IV the love of my life.

The one that I love the most.

This is the end of our story.

God let the destined cross our paths again. I’m letting you all down, God.

You take care of both of us.

My Prince Charming had left me in the castle we had built together and I knew for myself that I had no regrets.

Until we meet again, My Prince.