Chapter 8

I slowly opened my eyes a white ceiling and the apparatus attached to my arms appeared to me. Where am I?

I tried to get up and lean my back on the hospital bed headboard. Why am I in the hospital? What am I doing here? I glanced at the door opened and a man came in for as long as I wanted to see and a doctor followed him.

When the doctor saw that I was awake, he immediately examined m and asked me a few questions and I answered all his qquestions. After that, the doctor came out and the two of is left here in this room.

“Are you okay now?” he asked. His body built changed unlike before.

“I’m fine.” I said. I would like to ask more questions but I prefer to keep quite.

“You still wear that.” he said. I followed his gaze and I saw him looking at the ring he had given to me eight years ago.

I don’t know how I fell right now. All I know is I’m happy, I was happy because he was here and I saw him again. I remembered how I begged to him not to leave me. He left the Philippine with his fmily and wife. I tried to stop him but he did not stop, he pushed me out of the airport. I was so desperate for him to come back to me.

“Are you okay?” I turned my attention to him I was saddened by these thoughts.

With no one in my life, my parents died in a car accident and because of that I gradually gave up myself and the business my parents left to me. The company that my parents inherited was lost to me because I was neglected.

“Aika, I know everyhting that happened to you 8 years ago.” I raised my head because of what he said.

“ I’m sorry I didn’t help. I want to help you that time but it’s too late. I want to comfort you and hug you until you tears fade away.” he saaid and looked at me. His gaze was so deep that I couldn’t bear it, so I looked at my hands.

“God knows how much I want to go to you. God knows how hurt I am because I see you have difficulty coping with the problem. God knows how much I did everything just back to the past. God knows how much I want to comeback to you. It hurts to see you crying.” I could see how his tears were slowly pouring down.

“How’s your family?” I asked trying to change the toipic. He took a deep breath and look at me in the eye.

“They were gone. Two months later when we lived in london. My Dad illness got worse and he couldn’t cope, he passed away and after one month my Mom followed my Dad.” I was shocked to look at him. He has not tken his eyes off me ever since. I smiled at him.

“How about your family?” I asked. I didn’t take my eyes off him and I could see how his expression was changed.

“My son Francis, he was in london and he was studying there. And Frane, she cheated on me. I thought I was Franci’s father but I was wrong but I treated Francis like my own son.” I was shocked when he said that. Frame cheated on him?

“She cheeated?” I asked him in surprise.

“But she told me that she loves you.” I added in confused.

“Her love for me was just an infatuation. Yes, she cheated so I decided to file an annulment, we divorced two years ago.” he said smiling.

He walked toward me and sat down on the edge of the hospital bed. He took my hand and look at me.

“Can we start again?” I was so surprised at his question I immediately took my hand from him.

“I can’t, you have a family.” I said and look at the flower base on the side of the bed. I don’t want to look at him.

“I told you, Aika. We don’t have any connection to each other. We’re seperated and I don’t love her. Yes, I admit it I tried to love her but I couldn’t because you are my only love. Aika, you stoll have me, you stil own my heart. Believe me. Please, I want to marry you and take care of you.” he said. My tears flowed slowly and he quickly wiped my tears with his fingers.

“Hush, baby. I’m annoyed becausee you neglected yourself. I told you to take care of yourself but you didn’t. You had four days unconcious. I’m so worried. Please, let me take care of you, protect you and love you to the end of our life.” he brush my hair using his fingers.

“Is this what you say ‘someday’? I asked. He nodded I cried out loud and hug him. After so many years, the someday he was referring to had arrived.

“Finally, you came back to me.” I just kept crying as he hugged me.

“If I can’t come back to you now. I’ll make sure in my next life, I’ll be back to you.” he said. I punched him on his arm.

“Ouch!” he complained laughing.

“Not funny.” I shouted. I parted from hugging him. I look at his eyes. He kept his promise.

Destiny made way for two of us to meet again and God made a way for us to b happy again. God, you tried me and I succeeded. Thanks, God. All the tears and pain is worth it.

I thought I didn’t really deserve his love. His love is not for me. But, I was wrong. He loved me and he waited for eight years. I thought destiny met us but we were not destined.

The memory of both of us came back as I was unconcious for four days I can’t quite imagine why I was so unconcious for so long.

I let myself down because of what was going on in my life. The man that I love is in front of me for the time I had been waiting for.

His memories reflected in my dream, really completed.

It’s time for me to be happy.

It’s time for us to be happy.

It’s time to give our long-lost heart to eight years.

It’s time to start our story again.

“Let’s start again, My Prince.” I said. Finally, all of my prayers has come.

“Yeah, we’ll start again, Aika.” he said. And he kissed me deeply.