Missing [ Chapter 12 ]

A/N - This chapter is very SHORT! This chapter may be disturbing for some just a fyi!!!

[August Pov]

Flying back to Louisiana really hurt me to the point of no return. I never thought I'd be back in my hometown just to bury my brother. I still hadn't cried when I found out Mel had got killed.

I couldn't cry and I wouldn't cry. I been holding it all in because I didn't want to let Miracle know I was hurting. I mean she knew I was but I had to be strong for her. If I cried in front of her then I knew she would cry. I couldn't have the both of us crying.

Today, I knew would be the day that I had my breakdown. I felt very weak and the tiredness from not sleeping took over my body. While Miracle laid in bed peacefully sleeping I would roll over and sit on the side of the bed and placed my face in my hands and just think.

I stayed up for hours in that position and I would sleep the last few hours till it was time for Miracle to get up. After all she was still in school and needed to be up by 6 am every morning to get ready.

I hadn't talked or even seen Miah. I knew she would be at the funeral against my wishes. My mother thought I was absolutely crazy when I told her Miah didn't need to be at the funeral or wake.

Sitting here in this church as family members and friends got up and spoke about my brother really put me in a daze.

I tried to focus on what their saying but no one knew Mel like I knew Mel. I mean my mother did but of course that was her son.

Everyone clapped for my cousin as he came from the front of the church back to his seat. The pastor made his way to the podium and he grabbed the microphone.

"Any last words about this wonderful man we are about to lay to rest?" He asked scanning around the Church.

It took all my strength to stand up and walked to the podium. Before I went to the podium my mother rubbed my shoulder and I faintly smiled at her.

I stood there at the podium and the pastor walked over to hand me the microphone. I held in my hands and I found myself looking at the ground crying.

"Take ya time" My grandmother yelled out.

My knees buckled up under me and I cried on the ground for a few minutes till my cousin's came and got me off the ground. I dusted myself off and I wiped my tears but they just kept coming.

"Uhm" I said unsure of what to say next.

"I just want to say. I am my brother's keeper" I managed to get out.

"I'm not going to stand up here and say this and that about Mel. Even those words couldn't explain how much Mel meant to me. He knows words are meaningless to me and I never really cared for long speeches or explanations. I just want everyone to know he was a damn good brother. He didn't deserve what happened to him and I'm going to make sure those punk NIGGAS get what they deserve" I said as I dropped the microphone on the podium.

I exited the Church because I had enough of that service. I said my final goodbyes to my brother and I attended the burial. Me and my cousin Trell and some more close cousins had carried my brother's casket out to the grave yard.

I didn't say much to anyone and Miah walked with us as we carried Mel's casket to the grave yard.

I dropped a rose in his casket and I stayed for the rest of the burial. As I walked away to get in my car I felt someone behind me. I looked behind me and Miah walked beside me and she touched my shoulder.

I quickly jerked away from her touch. "Don't touch me Miah" I said coldly.

"What? What did I ever do to you?" She asked shocked.