Turning Back

SHORT STORY ALERT!

Well, I'm really in the mood to write one! WIth ideas flowing in my mind... Ah, it feels so good!

Yet, I still can't update my novels. Genius.

So here you goo!

~~~~~~

Have you ever thought of the other life, death? For once in your life, have you already wished to see heaven?

I've been dead for almost a year, and I swear, it wasn't as I was expecting. I thought way back then, that when you die, you would be given a whole earth with only the people you know and love in it, where you can lay down onto thousands of bed of roses and live immortally-- but this thing was a whole lot different. You will be given a chance to relive your life, you will be given a chance to choose a period in your life where you can be you again, where you can correct all mistakes and turn things upside down. But the catch is, you can only relive 4 days, 4 days and you'll be gone, and then you will be back in the present, where you will be a bodiless spirit haunting everywhere--where you can see everyone, yet no one can ever see you.

Twelfth of October, around eleven in the morning, I fell down to our carpet, and suddenly felt my body weightless, I felt myself floating out of nowhere, and darkness was all I could see. I heard silent noises fading in and out, voices screaming, whispering, and some were crying out my name. I tried to open my eyes but I could not. Lastly, someone held my hand- I did not know who it was, and then my eyes opened out of the blue. 

I saw a bright ray of light pointing at my hands, I looked at it reluctantly, unconscious of what was happening to me. I looked around to search for coherent clues, but everything was... Anomaly. Everything was beautiful and fantastic. I saw different flowers surrounding me- they were so beautiful. After a short while, someone whispered right into my ears. Her voice was like an angel singing a goodnight lullaby, it was so calming and relaxed. I was not sure ofwhat she said but it sounded like "Welcome to the other life, it's a pleasure to have you here."

Other life? I thought to myself, Am I dead? I consciously asked. I was not sure if I asked myself or   someone else. It took me a long while to realize that I was dead. I didn't even know why I died. I convinced myself that I was dreaming, but everything seemed so real. I kept thinking and thinking and thinking until I had my brain draining. Out of the blue, a white man silhoutte appeared in front of me.

"Where am I?" I asked, a bit afraid.

"At doors leading to the other life, Michelle." 

I stumbled back and freaked out, my hands were shaking. How did he know my name?

"Who are you? And what do you mean by that other life?" I asked as if I was completely clueless.

He let out a small laugh, "Follow me and you shall see." 

I was kind of hypnotized and I did follow the white light as what it told me. In a minute, I found myself standing in my room, my actual room inside our home. I knew it, I told myself, pretty convinced that I was just dreaming. Until the white figure appeared in front of me again. My fingers curled on the mattress as the figure slowly walked nearer, and then my door slightly opened, I could see my sister, my boyfriend, and my bestfriend

"I can't believe this. I... I was just talking to her yesterday and we were happy and..." My boyfriend started, tears almost fell down to his cheeks. I swallowed deeply, what did he mean?