The Mermaid

After you and Hanako had tried two other things (they failed), Hanako took something out of his pocket. "What's that?" You asked. "A kokeshi doll." He smiled at you. "And?" You raised an eyebrow. Hanako smirked. "It's kinda sexy." An awkward silence rang through the room, but then you grabbed the doll and chucked it out the window. He ran over to the window, trying to get it back and you realized that he had dropped something. A bag of.. something. "Hanako-Kun, what are these?" You picked them up. He turned around. "Oh. Those are matchmaking-" He began, but you interrupted him. "Matchmaking? Tell me what they are!" He ran over to you. "Y/N! Don't touch! Give them back!!" He tried to grab the bag back, but you quickly put one of the matchmaking things into your mouth. "Then tell me what they are or else I'll swallow it." You said, your sound muffled due to the tablet being in your mouth. "Alright, alright! Anyone who swallows them will be cursed, but if you get someone else to eat it along with you, you will share a bond-" You swallowed the tablet. "Y/N! I said that it will curse you!" You looked at him on the verge of years. "I don't care! As long as Minamoto-Senpai likes me back I don't care! Hanako-Kun, you had the right items all along, so why didn't you use them?" You ran out of the bathroom and out of the school and ran into Minamoto-Senpai. Oh no. A girl was already there. You watched as she confessed to your Senpai. Suddenly, scales started appearing on your arms and then trailed to your whole body. The last thing you remembered was falling.

----

You woke with a jolt. "W-Where am I?" You looked at your surroundings. Hanako-Kun brought you to a mirror and you stared at it. "HUH??" You were in a fish tank. You were a fish. "I knew you'd like it! Told you there was a curse." He set you down on a table in the classroom. Abruptly, the ground started shaking. "Looks like the mermaid is here." You looked at Hanako. "Mermaid? What mermaid?" He looked back at you. "Fish are the mermaids servants. She is here to collect you." He looked back at the hole coming up. A mermaid came out of it. Not what you would think a mermaid would look like. Not a beautiful mermaid. She was pretty ugly. "Hello there servant. I am here to take you back with me!" Hanako glared at her. "I have unfinished business with her, so you gotta wait." "No. I will take her now!" The mermaid screeched. Hanako slid something out of his pocket. A knife! He cut the mermaid up and she disappeared. "I told you not to eat that mermaid scale, but of course, you didn't listen. You didn't use it on your crush, so I can still grant you a wish. Do you wanna turn back human?" You nodded quickly. "Alright. I'll minimize the curse's effects on you. And your pay?" He flicked one of the tablets in his tongue. "Your pay will be with your body." He smirked and swallowed the tablet. Your face turned red. Suddenly you turned back to human and Hanako could see your blushing face. "Time for your pay. Labor!" He smiled childishly. Your blush dropped and you let out a relieved sigh. "What did you think I meant?" Dang, the blush was back. "Y/N! You dirty girl!" You slapped him. "So, why did you eat that mermaid scale?" You asked Hanako. "Well..."

Author: Left y'all on a cliffhanger. 616 words. (: I'm new to writing, so forgive me if this is kinda bad.