Abduction

~Trigger Warning: This chapter, as well as many other chapters in this story contain mention of topics including- but not limited to- violence, murder, suicide and/or sexual assault. Please do not continue reading if any of these topics may be triggering for you! This story is intended for readers 18+ Thank you!~

The rest of the day had flown by as Lauren worked with the BAU to uncover the serial killer that was threatening Santa Barbara beaches.

They had a name, they had a motive, and thanks to Garcia they had gotten an address. 752 Palmfront Way.

As their car approached the small run-down surf shop, Lauren's heart sped up slightly. In her years as a detective she had never had the opportunity to chase down such a high profile killer.

"Ready?" Reid asked as he strapped on his bullet-proof vest.

She nodded and opened her car door.

"Eric Lesser lives in the apartment above the surf shop," Hotch reminded the team, "JJ and Lauren you take the back. Rossi, Morgan and I will take the front. Prentiss and Reid you cover outside, make sure there's no way out."

Lauren followed JJ around the back of the shop. It looked like it hadn't been operational for years. When they reached the door JJ shot her a look and Lauren nodded.

"Go!" JJ shouted.

Lauren kicked the door open as JJ covered her and they made their way inside.

"Clear!" came Morgan's voice from the front of the shop.

"Clear!" echoed JJ.

"We'll take upstairs, you go down," shouted Rossi.

JJ led the way to a trap door that opened to reveal a set of stairs.

"Great, not creepy at all," Lauren muttered, following her down.

Each step creaked under their weight. If the unsub hadn't known they were there before, he definitely did now.

"Clear!" JJ called as she pointed her gun and flashlight around the room.

Lauren made her way over to what looked like a bulletin board across the room. When she reached it the light from her flashlight illuminated the faces of the victims and Lauren couldn't help but gasp, "Oh my god."

The unsub has clearly been stalking these women for months. There were hundreds of pictures, each of the victims doing everyday chores like picking up groceries and getting their kids from karate class.

Lauren froze when her eyes landed on a familiar picture. It was her... leaving the SBPD to go home last Wednesday.

"JJ..." she whispered before hearing a thump behind her. She whirled around and saw that JJ had dropped her flashlight and gun. The FBI agent was unconscious in the arms of Eric Lesser.

• • •

"My, my, my," Lesser smirked, "What do we have here? Two beautiful, beautiful young women for my choosing."

"Let her go Lesser. That's an FBI agent right there," Lauren told him calmly, "You try to kill her and you don't walk out of this alive."

He laughed and shook his head, "Sweetie, I'm not getting out of here alive anyway. The question is, who am I taking with me? Agent Jennifer Jareau or Detective Lauren Scott?"

Lauren looked at him and then at JJ, unconscious in his arms. She could hear noises upstairs, but nothing close enough to be of any help.