[kiss scene]

[pov: hyunjin]

he was looking at her. in a few moments he would be reaching out to take her hand, pull her close and kiss her.

it was a few days later, we had recorded and perfectioned all scenes except for the last one in our short film. and that was, of course, a kissing scene.
watching them flirt and talk had already been a torture but i was sure seeing them share such an intimate moment... i wouldn't be able to handle that. 

i tried focusing on work, holding the camera as still as possible and carefully watching whether minho and yeri were both in frame.

minho turned his gaze towards her, another camera zooming in on his face. i knew the script. the kiss was only seconds away and as minho extended his hand to reach for yeri's.
but my body seemed to have a mind on its own.

i stepped towards them, grabbing yeri's wrist and pulling it back so it was out of reach for my best friend, holding the camera weirdly in my other hand.

"hyunjin! this is not an impro, what are you doing?", jisung yelled but i was only focused on minho's shoked gaze. he was looking right into my eyes and although they were shining with disappointment and confusion i felt a warmth inside of me. he was looking at me, at me, and his gaze seemed to be everything i had needed and craved.

his hand reached down to pull mine off yeri's hand, i gladly let him do that.
"what's up with you these days, hyunjinnie?", he whispered, knowing all eyes were on us. i dropped my own stare, not able to give an honest answer right now. i just couldn't admit that i was jealous of yeri because that would result in him finding out everything.

"hey, eyes up here.", minho said, pushing my chin up a bit so i was forced to look at him. i felt a blush creeping up on my cheek due to his touch, torn between taking a step back and leaning into his touch.

i couldn't help but close my eyes, enjoying minho's warm fingers holding my chin and lower cheek. he chuckled softly and began squishing and tugging on my cheeks, causing me to huff annoyedly and open my eyes.
"let's talk somewhere else, yeah?"

i just nodded, finally taking a step back to escape his hand. i felt the others' confused gazes on us.
"what's this all about? what about the last scene?", yeri pouted before minho and i could leave.
"the weather is still nice so we should film the kiss scene now! also i wanna get home in time so-"

i shut her down with a glare, jealousy vividly pumping through my veins. she was probably a nice girl and all of that but i wouldn't let her claim my best friend, no.

"you want your damn kiss scene? there you have it", i spat at her, turning around to quickly cup minho's face in my hand and kiss him.

there was an audible gasp in union from all of our team members. i didn't move my lips. what did i even do? oh god, i didn't even ask him if he would be okay with it-- was this non-consensual then?? oh god, oh god, i valued consent so much, i should just back off right now-

but before i could
minho kissed me back.

his lips were molding into mine so gently; as often as i had imagined our first kiss - i had never thought it would be this good and soft. why was he even kissing me back in the first place?

my mind became foggy and i was shutting out all the cameras that were still filming, the others around us as well as my own thoughts. the only thing left in my head were minho's lips, moving so warmly and smoothly against mine like it was destined to be.

we pulled away, a little breathless and i felt myself blushing again, that's why i looked away. i saw some people smirking, some just confused, chan was growling and applauding wildly. but where did jeongin go?

[a/n: i planned for this to only be a very short au so there's only one chapter left + one epilogue! i'm gonna try to post everything today and would be thankful if you'd check out my other stories if you liked this one hehe.
have a nice day & stay safe!]