- 5

Author's Note: I don't usually write anything that isn't part of the story in this book but I wanted to leave a note here. For the purpose of the story and keeping the maximum of twenty students, Deku will not be included in this book. As great of a character he is (and as tempting as it was to get rid of Mineta), him being the main protagonist in the actual BNHA story would get in the way of this book's story line. So yeah, keep that in mind.

I was standing outside the front gates of UA High staring at the huge building in front of me, once again. And once again, I was too nervous too step inside. Some people who walked past me stared at me curiously which made me start to walk forward. I gulped. I was finally here, in the place where I had always dreamed to go to. But still, everyone else seemed to look so confident and just blended into the setting, meanwhile I felt like a neon highlighter on a blank piece of paper. Even though I had been accepted into the school and was a student, I knew I still had to prove my place. I may have been wearing the same uniform as everyone, but there was no doubt that I was among the weakest in the hero course, and I hadn't even met anyone. 

Before entering the building, I noticed someone standing against the wall out of the corner of my eye. He had purple hair and looked tired. It was the boy from just before the entrance exam! Only this time he was wearing a UA uniform instead of a hoodie. I remembered that I had something to tell him. "Hey, you, uh-" I realised I didn't actually know his name yet and stared at him awkwardly. 

He didn't look up at me. "Shinso. Hitoshi Shinso." It's as if he had read my mind. 

"Uh, Shinso, my name's Akiyama, I just wanted to thank you for helping get into the school before the entrance exam. Really, it means a lot. I wouldn't have gone inside without your help."

"It's not a problem." 

"So uh, are you in the hero course too?" He finally looked up at me, surprised. Did I say something wrong? 

"I'm in general studies, Class 1C."

"Oh sorry, I just thought with a powerful quirk like yours you'd-" And then it hit me. He had the same problem as me. His quirk didn't work on robots. "Oh no, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to. It just slipped out and I didn't think before I spoke-"

"It's fine. You should probably get to your class anyway." He looked back down to the floor.

"I will, thanks." I headed inside the building. Staring in awe at everything surrounding me, I tried making my way to class without getting lost. Though, that was easier said than done. I had never been in this part of the building before and the endless corridors confused me. Which one was I supposed to go down? 

Eventually though, I managed to somehow find my way to class 1A. When I entered the classroom I noticed Ochaco was already talking with a few other girls so I just headed towards my seat, not wanting to interrupt. Everyone else in the class seemed to be here. Well, everyone except our teacher. 

"Hey, you're that girl I nearly killed at the entrance exam!" said a blonde boy walking up to me. I realised it was the one who had zapped electricity. 

"Why do you sound so excited at the thought that you nearly killed me?" I asked nervously. 

"I'm not excited at that, it's just nice to see a not-so-new face around here. I'm Kaminari." He put his hand out and I shook it. 

"Akiyama." 

"Nice to meet you, Akiyama." Then he walked away to his desk. 

From somewhere, a new voice emerged, "Go somewhere else if you're just here to play at being friends." I leaned forward to try see where the voice came from. That's when I saw a yellow caterpillar thing stand up and unzip itself from behind the teacher's desk. Wait. That was the teacher in a sleeping bag! What had he been doing there and why had no one noticed him before? "This is the hero course. Time is limited and you kids are not rational enough."