Kakashi's Pain - Mizuka

Mizuka suspected that Kakashi needed more care than she did right now, and she wasn't wrong.

After their talk at the kitchen table, she stiffly stood, taking his hand, and lead him to the downstairs bathroom.  Not being able to do much, she asked him to run the water as she cooed at him to take off his bloody clothes.  He obediently did as she asked, standing before him.  Not being able to do much, she sat on the wooden platform and watched. The blood was so caked on that he had to scrub continuously with soap and a washcloth to get it off. She put her feet in the water, enjoying the pleasant warmth against her legs. He moved closer to her, seemingly desperate to just be close to her. He kissed her knees and thighs before resting his forehead on her thigh, breathing in the steaming water deeply. She gently ruffled his hair. He nuzzled his face into her knees as if he had never felt such a sensation before.

"I'm so in love with you. So in love.  I'm an idiot."

"No you're not.  I love you too. We'll work this out."

They sat like that for a while, her ruffling her hair and rubbing his back.  

"How are you feeling, Mizuka?"

"I'm okay.  Nemui put some yarrow root powder on my lacerations so I'm feeling pretty okay right now.  I wish some yarrow root could take away the pain you're feeling right now."

She felt him shrug.

"I don't think I'm ever going to stop feeling this pain."

"Stop, don't say that."

"That's what it feels like."

She sighed deeply.

He stayed quiet.  She wasn't sure what to do for him.  She had never seen him so low; only the story about him trying to commit seppuku.  She didn't think she could bare it if he tired that again.

"Things are going to get better, Kakashi.  You have to believe that.  You're still fresh out of the Anbu."

He stayed quiet.  She may be hurt physically, but Kakashi was hurting much deeper.

"Come on, lets get you out of there and fed.  At least you're not caked in blood anymore."

He pulled the plug and stood up, taking the towel from the wooden platform and wrapping it around his waist.

"Did you sleep last night?"

"A little, I guess.  I don't know."

Finally, after a light meal and more sweet words, she had him laying comfortably in bed with her.  He had dozed off, his head laying on her shoulder.  Even though he was asleep, it wasn't peaceful.  She hadn't seen him this distraught since his incident five years ago. He was jerking slightly and in a sweat.  He was mumbling in his sleep.

"Friend killer..."

Oh no...