Chapter 7

I start to feel someone shaking me, I start to realize that it was Estella. I snap out of my daydream. “Are you going to answer my question or not?”

“Yeah, before he left he did act a little strange. He kept going into his room for long period at a time. The only time I really saw him was when he came out for dinner or mom called him to do something her and I couldn’t do. He was always really tired like he couldn’t get sleep at night and he fought with mom a lot.”

“Interesting.” Siobhan said

“What?”

“Oh nothing. Now tell me what is the name of you brother?”

“Chase. Chase Black.”

“Chase?” I look at her she seemed scared but confused at the same time “The Chase Black?”

“What?” I looked at her with confusion. “You know my brother?”

“Yeah. Well maybe. What does he look like?”

“Ummmm. I don’t know I have seen him in years.”

“Okay. Do you want to see a picture and see if you recognize him?”

“Sure.” Estella start to do her magic. Suddenly a familiar still figure appeared. The figure was of a man. He had black, shaggy hair. A dark hoodie with a band logo on it and blue jeans with a chain on the side. His eyes were dark.  Suddenly I knew that was my brother.

“That’s him.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yup that’s Chase alright I would recognize him anywhere.” I looked at Estella. There was a little bit of fear in her eyes but it disappear for a little bit. “So Estella how do you know my brother?”

“Well it’s a long story.”

“Well I’ve got all day, but I need to be home before midnight or else my mom will get mad. Last time I didn’t come home before that my mom was really mad.”

“Ok. Do you want to go back to your house so you can get more comfy?”

“Sure. We could go in my room. My mom might be home, so she only come upstairs to check on us and offer us snacks and stuff like that. Is that going to be a problem?”

“No, just as long as she doesn’t overhear us.”

“Yeah don’t worry about that, I can take care of that.”

“Ok, then it’s all set.”

“Yup.”

“I will see you later Siobhan for my lesson.” Estella said and bowed to Siobhan. I awkwardly did the same.

“Ok. And Rachael, you will learn things that you didn’t know before. Try not to freak out to much.”

“What do you mean?” I ask. Siobhan just looked at me and had a worried smile.

“You’ll find out.” I walked out I was now really confused. What did she mean by that? I thought. Estella and I were walking and trying to find our way out of the woods.

“Ummm. Estella?” I asked her. She was focused on trying to get out of the woods and not getting us lost.

“What?” She asked.

“What did Siobhan mean when she said I’ll find out?” Estella stopped and looked at me sadness in her eyes.

“There are something about this world that you don’t know about. There aren’t just good people/witches there are bad ones to. Very evil ones. I’ll explain everything when we get to your house.”

“Ok.” We walked in silence the rest of the way. There were so many thing buzzing in my mind, I was surprise I didn’t start wandering off in a different direction.

We finally made it out of the woods and towards her car. We didn’t talk the whole way to my house. The only sound was the radio playing some strange music. The music was actually pretty cool. We got to my house and got out of the car. Estella was still in the seat. “Estella, are you ok?”

“Yeah, I’m fine.” I could tell she wasn’t just by the way she looked and the way she sounded. She was scared. She eventually got out of the car and we both walked into my house. “You might want to take your shoes off. My mom doesn’t like it when I track mud through the house.”

“Ok.” We took of our shoes and went into the living room where my mother was watching TV. “Hey mom.” I said

“Oh hey sweetie. Who’s this?” She was looking at Estella.

“Oh this is Estella. Estella this is my mom.”

“Hi.” Estella says.

“Is it ok if she hangs out here for a little bit? We got a school project we need to work on.”

“Ok. Will she be staying for dinner?”

“Ummm, I don’t know.” I turn to Estella. “Do you want to stay for dinner?”

“Sure.” She answered with a smile.

“Ok them I guess that’s settled.” I tell my mom.

“I guess.” She says.

“So what are you watching?”

“Oh just Ghost Adventures.” She answers

“Sweet! I love that show. Did you record it for me?” I asked.

“Of course I did. If I didn’t I wouldn’t hear the end of it. Am I right?”

“Yeah. Well Estella and I are going to go to my room. Call me if you want to ask for anything.” We started heading upstairs.

“Ok. Yell if you need anything.”

“Ok we will.” I said. We were already upstairs and had walked into my room.

“Wow” Estella says

“What?” I ask

“You like to get creative with your room.”

“Why do you say that?”

“Ummm, have you seen your room there are paintings on every wall and you ceiling has abstract on it.”

“Ohhhh yeah. That abstract was really hard to do. I kept getting paint on my face and I couldn’t see very well.”

“Nice.”

“Yeah I know.” I sat on my bed. “So are we going to get started?”

“Yup.” She sat in front of me on my bed. “Where do you want to start?”

“The beginning. Not to sound weird or anything but I want to know everything.”

“Ok.”