Chapter 2

Nathan’s POV

“Come on mate! This is a royal event! We can’t be late for this!” Tom shouted through my hotel room door.

I took one last look at myself in the mirror before going out to the hall to find all four of them plus Kevin giving me death glares. I just shrugged them off and went to the lift. We all piled in and went out the back door of the hotel to avoid fans and crammed into a Mini Cooper. Of all cars a Mini.

We were in Monaco for the first time and it wasn’t for a concert.  The queen had called Jayne to invite us to the princess’s sixteenth birthday and asked if we would stay with her for the week because they were in France. Of course, we couldn’t turn this opportunity down, it was a queen asking after all.

So for this week we were staying at the palace with Princess Sophia, I think that's her name.

The car pulled through two enormous gates and up a long drive before stopping in front of a palace larger than Buckingham. Climbing out, we just stood there a bit intimidated by the sheer size of it. Eventually Kevin went up the many steps to the door and rang the doorbell before claiming that he was going to get our things from the hotel and checking out. I think that he was just leaving us to fend for ourselves.

One of the large doors opened and a man of fifty or so in a butler’s outfit looked at us.

“I suppose that you’re The Wanted?” he asked us as he opened the door further so we could see a giant staircase going up the middle of the foyer and a few rooms going off a hallway.

“Yep. That’s us.” Siva said first as the rest of us just stared inside.

“Please follow me.” He said very properly as he stepped back to let us in.

We all let out wow’s as he closed the door and started walking towards a pair of French doors.

“Imagine living in this mate.” Max said while trying to walk and look around at the same time.

“Yeah.” Tom said as he became speechless, which was something Tom never was.

“I would say it was built around the 1920’s.” Siva said as he looked around the foyer.

“Only Siva would know that.” Jay said as we all started teasing Siva for his comment.

The butler, whose name is Martin, showed us into the ballroom. He explained that if we were not introduced to the princess during the party or after that we would be by tomorrow morning or quote “by the afternoon with the way she sleeps after parties.” He then left to go tend to something.

I am going to explore.” Tom tried to say in a posh accent.

“Stupid git.” Max mumbled as he walked past him and through another door.

We all followed him and Tom stood there acting hurt. He eventually started to follow us and we ended up in a formal dining room. Around the perimeter were glass cabinets that housed an impressive collection of silver pieces. It took me a moment to register, but not that long to recognize ‘Heart Vacancy’ back in the ballroom. Apparently I wasn’t the only one because soon we were all walking back to hear.