Chapter 6: Something good

There was a new boy named Arthur that joined our class. He didn't seem to make any friends either so I decided to ask him if he wanted to stay with me at break and lunch which he did otherwise he would have been on his own like I was. He had a sense of humour and we became close friends. I started cutting a little less but not much, but i made a friend!

I was so happy, something good did come into my life. We became such good friends that we could talk to each other about anything, which meant yes i did tell him about how depressed i started to feel and I started eating less and cutting. He told me that i should talk to someone about it because it got to the point where the cuts got so bad and I was becoming a little too skinny. He said that if i got help i would feel better.

It took him a lot persuading for me to talk to someone about it but it did start to help. I had weekly meetings to see how i was getting on, it started getting better and I learnt to ignore the name calling. It did take a few months, but at least I was getting better!

I never felt so good about having such a great best friend. I  have realised that if you have a friend, even if it's just one, you can be happy and you can have someone to talk to.