Mary

I always find great reaction pics for Brian 'cuz in a lot of photos from like the 70s or 80s he always looks sad, scared, confused, or surprised and sometimes even a little angry. On stage he looks annoyed every time Freddie was doing his thing. 😂 Anyways enjoy and excuse any mistakes since I kinda struggled on the Esper Enhancement scene. Actually this chapter is long af so it's no wonder I struggled with it.

*****

After Chrissie walked out, Brian found it difficult at all attempts to try and go to sleep. To distract himself from his own troubling thoughts he sat at his piano and mindlessly strummed on his Red Special and played a few chords on the keys. Writing music was what he did best and he found it better to play on rainy nights.

As he played, he looked over his collection of family photographs spread out across the top of the piano. Some were very old from half a century back while others were most recent and just before the war. There were photos of great-great-great grand parents from when they were young. There was another photo, this one with Brian as a child with his parents at the beach.

Ocean waves filled his ears and then his mother's voice, he could hear her. Brian closed his eyes and then he saw her. She was smiling and looked so beautiful dressed like an angel as she walked alongside a white unicorn...

Brian jolted awake and looked around the room, his eyes landing on Prenter's stack of photos on his music stand with the first one as a picture of a living room with what looked like a bedroom in the background where an odd looking mirror sat atop a dresser. His curiosity to this certain photo suddenly piqued, and picking it up, he set aside his guitar and stood up from the piano, then made his way to his television set where his Esper Enhancement machine was at.

Turning the machine on, he pushed the photo into the scanner and it immediately came up on the screen with a blue grid overlay. With a yawn, he slumped down in front of the screen on his couch while studying the image.

"Enhance 224 to 176," Brian says.

The Esper machine beeped to the command and with a few clicks, the grid overlay zoomed in to the left side of the photo where a man was sitting in a chair.

"Enhance...stop," Brian says to it after a few clicks of zooming in on the person.

Leaning forward a bit, Brian studied the man in the chair. He could see that the man had shoulder length black hair, but he couldn't make out his face which was blocked by his arm that was propped up on the arm rest. In the few seconds of being idle, the Esper machine automatically zoomed the picture back out, and his eyes again landed on that odd looking mirror in the background.

"Enhance," he says.

With another beep, the photo zoomed in all the way to a glass cup sitting on the dresser in the background.

"Pan to the right, pull back, and center."

The machine zoomed out to the command, centering on the mirror in full high definition.

"Enhance 34 to 36."

The photo zoomed in on the odd looking mirror, showing a reflection of an open wardrobe in the foreground. Brian leaned even closer to the screen with a furrowed brow and could faintly see what looked like a hanging dress. It looked like it had scales and looked somewhat similar to the scale found in Prenter's bathtub.

"Pull back," Brian says after a few seconds, and as the photo zooms out, something catches his eye in the reflection of the mirror. "Wait a second, go right."

The photo moved to the right side and Brian raised his eyebrows as a nude woman was stood in the foreground with her back turned toward the mirror's reflection. She had long dark hair that reached down to the middle of her back, and on her lower backside, she appeared to have some sort of tattoo of a letter Q surrounded by two lions on each side with two fairies underneath them, a crab resting on top of the letter with flames above it, and an enormous dragon like bird at the top. In the middle of the letter Q was a crown. Her face which was turned to the side looked exactly like the doll faced woman that he had seen in the replicant model photo that Jim had shown him at the precinct. It was her, the kick murder squad member. Mary.