Chapter 2

*Hayes' POV*

        She's pretty. Really pretty. In a simple way, which just makes her more beautfiul. Long, wavy, dark brown hair, shining brown eyes, and freckles across her nose. She is definitley a step up from the snoring man I sat next to on my flight to New Jersey. Six hours should be enough to woe her. So far, everytime I've said something flirty, she was ready with a joke to combat it. She'll be difficult to get, but that just makes me want her more.

        "So Braidy, is your family on this flight?" I question.

        "Nope, just me." she says with a proud smile.

        "Prefer to vacation alone?" I laugh.

        "No, well, when it comes to my family, maybe yes, but thats besides the point. My school chooses one freshman that works on the newspaper each year to fly to California and report on something." She says, her eyes filled with passion. 

        "That's amazing! What are you going to report on?" I ask.

        "No clue" She sighs, slumping back into her seat.

        "Well, that may be an issue," 

        "I'm sure my editor won't be too happy if I come back from being in California for three weeks with no story for her," Braidy says.

        "I'm sure you'll figure something out, I can tell you're smart"

        Braidy blushes.

        Yes!

        "What about you, are you traveling with anyone else?" she asks.

        "Nah, the other magcon guys caught an earlier flight, there's a big meetup in Cali tomorrow,"

        "Is this the first time you've been on a plane by yourself?"

        "No, but I really don't like to travel alone. If there was an emergency, I would want to have people I know with me" I say.

        "Well if something goes wrong, you've got me!" she says in a tough guy voice, flexing her biceps. Why does she have to be so cute?

                     *Braidy's POV*

        My stomach drops all the way to my toes when the plane dips. I gasp, surprised.

        "It's okay, just some turbulence," Hayes reassures me.

        He puts his hand over mine, sending chills up my spine.

        A woman's voice comes on over the intercom, "Attention passengers, one of our wings was damaged, so we will need to make an emergency landing. There is no need to panic, and we are sorry for the inconvenience . We will provide hotel rooms for all of you, but due to limited space, there needs to be at least two people to a room. Again, sorry for the inconvenience." 

        "You've got to be kidding me," I say, "I'm never flying again."

        "Hey, it's all gonna be okay," Hayes says, "But, you did promise me that you would be there for me if there was an emergency, so wanna share a room?"

        My heart stops. Did Hayes Grier just ask me to share a room with him? I can't decide wether this will be good or bad, but there is no way I'm gonna refuse.

        "Well, it's either I room with you, or that creepy guy over there that looks like Santa Clause, and while that's a really hard decision, I think I'll have to go with you" I say.

        "Phew, I was getting worried there," Hayes jokes.

        This is going to be an interesting night, that's for sure.