Attack on Woodscouts

MAX'S POV

I honestly still feel gross about actually letting the Woodscouts attack us. But, it's for the best in my own self-interest. Nikki's just so cute and loud, and she's not a prissy little girl who will hide behind me for every little thing. I guess I do like the strong woman type, weird, I never thought I'd have a type until now. I guess that's one of the very few things that make Camp Campbell...somewhat worth it. God, if I never felt gross for letting the Woodscouts invade, I feel gross for saying that. They told me to stay around Nikki, though, so that makes me feel a little better.

Now, all I have to do is wait by the stands because Nikki's doing something in the back of the stage. And also wait for the upcoming invasion.

NIKKI'S POV

"Ugh...I feel super girly..." I complain.

Preston, Dolph, and Nerris are done with my "makeover" now. My hair is down, which feels kinda weird since I play with my ponytails a lot and I can't anymore. Also, my hair reaches up to my knees, which just constantly tickles the back of my legs, which is uncomfortable.

As for my outfit, I looked in a mirror and immediately wanted to tear it off had I wore any other clothes underneath. I still have my mucky yellow shirt, which doesn't look so dirty now that they put yellow paint over the dirt stains, they also washed my face. I still have something that looks like overalls, but instead of pant legs they put a skirt that reaches above my knees. My shoes are like ballerina slippers that are the same color as my hair, and I have long socks that are just under my knees

"The girlier it is the more you can work it, girl!" Preston yells, I'm pretty sure Max heard that.

MAX'S POV

What the fuck did Preston just yell?

NIKKI POV

"I dunno, are you sure Max is gonna like this?" I ask, because I really wanna spare myself from wearing this.

"More sure than I was sure that Romeo and Juliet 2: Love Resurrected would work out!" Preston reassured. I don't know how it turned out, because I was locked in a cabin by the Flower Scouts.

"Now, come on!" Nerris and Dolph pushed me out of backstage and into the back of the entire theatre.

"Max!" Dolph exclaims.

"Wait, Dolph!? What're you doing here?" Max sounds very confused, I can't blame him.

"We present to you ze new and ze improved, Nikki!"

Nerris and Dolph shove me out from behind the stage and I awkwardly walk over to Max.

MAX'S POV

I called Neil over here because I got bored. But then Nikki came out of the theatre and...holy fucking shit she's gorgeous. It's not "new and improved" like Dolph said. No one can make Nikki "new and improved." But...holy fucking shit.

"H-hey, what the fuck is up Max?" Nikki stutters. Wait, did Nikki just curse?

"WOAH HOLD UP!" Neil yells out.

"Did you just curse?" I ask her.

"Yeah, I lost a shitty bet to Preston and now I have to curse in every fucking sentence." Nikki explains. Hearing her curse is super weird to me.

"So, how do you like the new look?" Nikki stretches her skirt out a little before letting go, like love interests in cartoons.

"You look great!" Neil gives two thumbs up and smiles. Damn, how gayer can he get?

"I...I just...wow." I have no idea what to say. Literally I, the biggest mouth in the camp next to Neil, am rendered speechless.

"I knew you wouldn't like it..." Nikki hangs her head down and dejectedly walks back to the stage. Okay, Max, it's super fucking simple, just stop her and say you like the outfit.

"Max, come on, man!" Neil scolds.

"I know, I know! I guess it's...good...I just went speechless!" Okay, Max, it's super fucking simple, just stop her and say you like the outfit. "Nikki, wait." I grab her shoulders and turn her around to face me. "I...uh...I like-WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT!?" a rock is falling down on us, no, on Nikki! Why- oh shit...the Woodscouts! "Get out of the way!" I push her out the way of the rock and it narrowly lands on my foot. When I meet up with Pikeman again, I am gonna tell him to watch his fucking aim! Wow, this is that "Fuck the Police" rock I used to kill the mascot, I didn't know it landed there.

"Max! What the fuck is going on?!" Neil asks. Nikki looks super scared, and it's really...heartbreaking. Shit, shit, emotions, I don't need emotions right now!

"Woodscouts!" I yell out, and everyone in the camp starts to scatter and panic.

"Max, we have to get the fuck outta-woah!" Before Neil could say anything, an onslaught of pebbles almost hits Nikki and I. We turn to look at the lake, and the Woodscouts are there and are using slingshots to pelt rocks at us. Neil grabs Space Kid and uses his body to block the pebbles as he's running.

"Nikki, I can't believe I'm saying this, but stay behind me!" Nikki scurries behind me as we keep running. Suddenly, another barrage of pebbles, bigger than the last one, starts raining down on Nikki. Before anything could hit her, I pull her out of the way. We hide behind a tree, we're panting like dogs.

"That's twice..." Nikki says between breaths.

"Twice what?" I utter.

"Twice that you saved me, silly!" She playfully punches my arm. "You know I didn't need it right?"

"I...yeah." shit, she's sort of right.

"So why'd you do it?" Nikki chuckles.

"I..." I know it was part of Pikeman and Sasha's plan, but... "I guess I just didn't want to see Nikki hurt."

"Did you just refer to me in third-person?" Nikki chuckles again. Damn I said that out loud?! "Other than that...that was uncharacteristically very fucking sweet of you, Max. Thanks."

"I-what!? No! Um! Shut up...you're welcome..." I hide in my hoodie, aka my favorite hiding place. God, I'm stuttering now! What is wrong with me this year at Camp Campbell?

"Max?"

"Yeah, Nik?"

"Thanks for being there for me."

"No problem." Wait, vulnerability alert! "Just don't look too much into it!"

"I won't, don't worry ya chicken butt!" She says as she nudges my shoulder.

Nikki and I giggle softly and we just sit by the tree amongst all the panicking and screaming and running and pebbles, waiting for Neil. But I guess we'll just doze off here. Ah, chaos!

NIKKI POV

One of the most peaceful things a person can experience, especially with the person that they like.

NEIL'S POV

I. Fucking. Hate. Today! I can't fucking relax because Max called me over and now I have to run from Woodscouts with Space Kid! I run over to our hiding tree and Max and Nikki are sleeping, snuggled up together like kittens. Awwww, okay maybe my day just got a little better. I'll leave them to their alone time and stop the Woodscouts for them.

Best part is, I was right; Nikki like-likes Max.

{Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand done! I hope you liked this chapter as much as you liked the other two (which, hopefully, is you liked it). And thanks again for reading the first fanfic I put out! Chapter 4 will come out soon, Campe Diem!}